Ky-Tia

erniehatt

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Twins.jpg
Would LIke some critique on this one especialy on the B/W convertion, How can I improve on this. Ernie

My only thought is that while the red bit of shirt adds something in the color photo, it doesn't add much to the black and white. I wouldn't say it takes anything away from it, either, but I wonder what it would look like darker or eliminated. Wonderful conversion other than that, and I particularly like the contrast of her lower eyelashes with her cheek.

your conversion isn't bad Ernie. i'm not sure of your method, but i believe the facial tone could be improved upon. if you closely compare the two images you provided, you will notice the b&w facial tones are a bit washed IMO...did you increase contrast in your conversion by chance?

Thanks all for the comments. JonMikal, no I didn't touch the contrast at all, I used a plugin for photoshop to do the conversion, wanted to see what result it came up with. I have not tried much B/W, being of the older generation it always seemed to be kind of old fashioned, but having seen some of yours and others on the forum, my mind is changing some, though I must admit, I see a lot of pictures done in B/W that do not suit. I had thought that it was two grey looking hence my posting them here. Ernie

experience has taught me that in order to get good results in b&w, you need an acceptable color image. i converted this using one of my methods and didn't get enough of a difference to mention.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back