What's new

Lace

twila

TPF Noob!
Joined
Nov 19, 2012
Messages
20
Reaction score
1
$image-3305625181.webp
 
What did you intend to show with this?
 
Nothing particular, I like taking pics of old shoes:/ this was a very old statue I found and I liked the laces
 
You've got a pretty specific visual sensibility, which I kind of like. What seems to be lacking is any underlying ideas, you're simply taking pictures of things that look cool to you, as far as I can tell.

There's nothing wrong with that, specifically, nor with processing them up to fit your visual ideas. If that's all you want to do, more power to you. Carry on!

BUT. It would be a shame to waste such a consistent and coherent set of visual ideas on "hey, this is cool" though. What makes you feel the way your photographs look? What would make me feel the way your photographs look? Is there something you want me to know, or feel, or think, that would be conveyed will by the way your photographs look?
 
Thanks for your input, i understand what your saying and agree.
 
Without going to any analysis, i really like this; it is a pure "Fine Art" stuff :D
 
You've got a pretty specific visual sensibility, which I kind of like. What seems to be lacking is any underlying ideas, you're simply taking pictures of things that look cool to you, as far as I can tell.

There's nothing wrong with that, specifically, nor with processing them up to fit your visual ideas. If that's all you want to do, more power to you. Carry on!

BUT. It would be a shame to waste such a consistent and coherent set of visual ideas on "hey, this is cool" though. What makes you feel the way your photographs look? What would make me feel the way your photographs look? Is there something you want me to know, or feel, or think, that would be conveyed will by the way your photographs look?

emphasis added by Derrel.

Here's a thought: if your started pointing that camera at nude women, you'd have a following...and your photos would probably be considered "artistic", or "arty", or "fine art nudes". Your visual ideas, as shown here in the Lace shot, and elsewhere today in the diver's suit shot, are being applied to subject matter that MOST people consider boring, and thus the pics are being called mere "throwaways"...I submit that if there were naked chicks in both shots, you'd have received an entirely different set of replies... Just something to think about.... The point I am making here is that MANY people can NOT separate technique from the subject matter...

amolitor is one of those who CAN, easily, separate technique,theory,approach, and so on from the subject matter.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom