Laddie-Boy C&C

Zen1300

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Ok let me have it. I realize these are not the most artistic photos, but it's a new camera and I'm new to Lightroom. I'm sure some will feel these best belong in the "Just for Fun" gallery, but I wanted to get any critique I could.

I manually edited the highlights, shadows, whites, blacks, clarity, sharpness, radius, and masking.

I did notice that I could have done a better job at makeup - grass on the nose... lol

16031773647_10f491ff5e_o.jpg

50mm f/1.8, 1/250sec, f/3.5, ISO 100, On-Camera Fill Flash

16031490049_20821c8978_o.jpg

50mm f/1.8, 1/250sec, f/2.8, ISO 100, On-Camera Fill Flash

16030240550_5719d3c80c_o.jpg

50mm f/1.8, 1/250sec, f/2.8, ISO 100, On-Camera Fill Flash

"Are you friggin' done already?"

;)

Not bad; the main issue I see is the setting. If the backgrounds and surroundings were a little cleaner and less distracting, these would be nice shots.

I agree on the third one. Dropped low to get a different view, but that put the fence in. The top two are just grass.

I like the third one best - the fence doesn't bother or distract me at all. Great pose of a proud animal. I don't think I could get my lab to sit still for a photo like that, at least not with me taking the photo, LOL.

Yup, I like the 3rd one best. Maybe the eyes could be sharper/sharpened (I hate saying that, but maybe it means I have learned something and become more picky).

On the first one, if I scroll my screen just enough to get rid of the asphalt, it makes a better picture.

He is gorgeous (and very tolerant of picture-taking, it seems)! I've no real "bone" to pick with any of these; they are in his own kind of setting and are meant to be casual shots. On the the top one, while someone mentioned scrolling to crop out the bottom slice of concrete, I am thinking the opposite - crop out the thin line of background along the top, and suddenly it's a whole new picture. The grass on the nose makes it even better, really. :)

I was amazed at how well he sat while I took pictures. He always wants to be in my hip pocket.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back