Laddjuvaggi and Tarfala

Alex_B

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
.. just some random images taken close to the Kebnekaise mountain in Swedish Lapland. Sorry for recklessly mixing Swedish and Sami place names!

1: My Akto again with my walking poles in the foreground, in the background from left to right: Singitjåkka, Tuolpagorni and Vierramvare.
4154.jpg

2: Laddjujhoka, a river nearby.
4465.jpg

3: The same spot.
4476.jpg

4: Darfalvaggi, with several mountains in the background, including Kebnekaise.
4254.jpg

5: Kebnekaise, Southern and Northern summit (left and right respectively), seen from Darfalvaggi.
4322.jpg

6: The photographer again ;)
4405.jpg

7: Tarfala research station.
4415.jpg

8: Darfaljavri, a glacier lake
4433.jpg

Ahhh, another beautiful series of pics of your trip! The difference in weather from your 'climbing Kebnekaise' thread is quite striking. The second shot is my fave of the series. [And the one of you is nice too. :p ]

Ahhh, another beautiful series of pics of your trip! The difference in weather from your 'climbing Kebnekaise' thread is quite striking.

Yes, for climbing the mountain I chose the first acceptable day after days of rain, storm and sleet. I did not expect the weather to turn around like this. Wish I had been on the summit that day! As you can see on image #5, there was quite some wind on the summit, blowing lots of snow around. That culd have caused some problems though.

The second shot is my fave of the series. [And the one of you is nice too. :p ]

Well, but there I am still fat as this is week one still ... over the whole month I lost 5 kg ;)

wow i definitly need to vist there....ur images are quite beautiful so sharp....what camera system did u use? any tips for taking stunning landscapes like urs?

wow i definitly need to vist there....ur images are quite beautiful so sharp....what camera system did u use? any tips for taking stunning landscapes like urs?

To cite myself from one of my other Lapland threads:

Canon 5D (it is much more weather proof than people think), most of the shots in this thread are with the 24-105mm f/4 L, but on my trip I also used the 17-40 f/4 L, 300mm f/4 L and the 50mm f/1.4, a B+W Kaesemann polariser, several Lee ND grad filters. Could not be bothered to carry much more since this was basically a hiking/wilderness/outdoor trip for weeks. OK, also had a tripod and cable release of course.

Tips? Hmm, wait for the right light, try to expose such that you not lose the highlights, do some selective processing to brighten shadows. ... Hard to say, it always depends on the situation. Most important is to be at the right spot in the right time (does not work all the time) and to expose properly.

Originally Posted by Alex_B
Canon 5D (it is much more weather proof than people think), most of the shots in this thread are with the 24-105mm f/4 L, but on my trip I also used the 17-40 f/4 L, 300mm f/4 L and the 50mm f/1.4, a B+W Kaesemann polariser, several Lee ND grad filters. Could not be bothered to carry much more since this was basically a hiking/wilderness/outdoor trip for weeks. OK, also had a tripod and cable release of course.
Okay, I'd have to use a pack mule to bring all of this!

And your all your camping gear!

Great shots.

wow I am plan to get the 5D after my deployment, and hopefully I can get stunning shots around TX on my off time.

Okay, I'd have to use a pack mule to bring all of this!

And your all your camping gear!

Great shots.

.. and all the food (usually for 5 to 15 days, depending on the trip and the possibilities of restocking on the way), and all the fuel and clothing since this is a very cold country in late summer. This year I actually had first snow in the first week of September already.

wow I am plan to get the 5D after my deployment, and hopefully I can get stunning shots around TX on my off time.

But reading your lens list, you would be able to take stunning shots with those lenses! And lenses are the most important thing. Of course the full frame sensor of the 5D helps with ultra wide angle shots.

ncie capture in pic 3..there are lots of life in that pic..

Will post more later :) ... maybe tonight.

Ah. Some nice weather! :D
And you washed in the river???
(Not that you look "frozen" in clothes in the photo of "The Photographer" already ... oh nooooo ;) ).

I am sure, my dad and brother were there back in the 70s ... there are still some enlargements of that area hanging in my dad's hallway at home ... and I remember some of the names. Certainly that of Kebnekaise.

Yes, nice weather! These shots were taken on the only two fine days in the first week!

No, that week I did not wash my clothes in the river. There is a mountain station nearby, which I used for that purpose.

Actually, why would you wash clothes already after one week? :p

I asked "You washed in the river?" not "You washed your clothes in the river?"
Well?
Did you?
Bathe? *shivers at the thought alone*

Most reactions

Back