What's new

Lake District

pm63

TPF Noob!
Joined
Apr 23, 2007
Messages
587
Reaction score
0
Location
London
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Took this one while cycling across northern England, from the Irish Sea to the North sea on the Sea to Sea (C2C) cycle route:

DSC_0150EDIT.jpg

CC appreciated. View large on black or see my flickr (linked in sig) for large versions.
 
C&C per req:
Nice image, appears rather soft, but I suspect that may be Flickr's compression algorithm. I'd try a levels adjustment to clean up a bit of the haze in the centre. I'm not sure if the wire and pole in the foreground work for me or not; they're an interesting item, but IMHO clash with the serenity of the rest of the image.

Just my $00.02 worth - your milage may vary.

~John
 
Thanks John. The haze in the center, especially on the mountain is something that has been bugging me, too. It's actually there in the original, unprocessed image. Could it be the result of shooting JPEG instead of RAW? (Gasp! - please don't kill me, my computer is ancient and can't handle RAW processing)

About the wire and pole: I did take an image without them, but it looked bland and empty as there was no foreground interest. I think this version nicely frames the landscape.

Anyone else?
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom