Little White Church on a lake

You’re comparing photos posted by both professional and hobbyist photographers on a Photography discussion forum to photos taken with a point and shoot and developed at a photo booth in the 80’s? I don’t get the similarity at all.

To edit or not… Same debate that a few on this forum feel the need to start in every other thread. I’d prefer you not use my photo threads for that tired discussion. :76:

Thanks for the input. I still prefer the darker image because it was an overcast gloomy day and that’s how I want to remember it. I also think the colors are better when they’re darker, especially when viewed on a large screen. You’re welcome to leave the edit up - I’m curious what others think?

I prefer the darker images, too. The colors seem richer. The edit looks too saturated for my tastes.

I've come to the sad conclusion that ever since PS, photos aren't about developing picture's accurately, but developing them to the taste of each and every individual so since that's an impossibility and no one seems to realize it, it's like you're suppose to know how they like their pics, there's only one person you need try and please and that's you. If you feel you processed the pics to represent that scene accurately then you hit the mark and that's all that matters.
I have to be honest and say I am a little disappointed .......... I was hoping to see Michael Landon next to the little white church on the pr ...... lake. :excitement:

Isn't that the entire point of asking for C&C? To get feedback on ways to possibly improve an image, even if we have processed the image to our liking? To find out if there are things we've missed or didn't think of or don't know how to do?

"Mars and Venus" = pop psychology hubris.

I prefer the darker images, too. The colors seem richer. The edit looks too saturated for my tastes.

Isn't that the entire point of asking for C&C? To get feedback on ways to possibly improve an image, even if we have processed the image to our liking? To find out if there are things we've missed or didn't think of or don't know how to do?

"Mars and Venus" = pop psychology hubris.
What are you two going on about? I wasn't criticizing her picture, I was agreeing with the way she processed it and supported her decision but I get taken the wrong way and ganged up on as usual. Geez! I've learned my lesson.

You’re comparing photos posted by both professional and hobbyist photographers on a Photography discussion forum to photos taken with a point and shoot and developed at a photo booth in the 80’s? I don’t get the similarity at all.

To edit or not… Same debate that a few on this forum feel the need to start in every other thread. I’d prefer you not use my photo threads for that tired discussion. :76:
"I don't get the similarity at all."
You don't because there isn't one. That's my whole point! Photography has changed, that's all I'm saying. i'd prefer you not tell me what I can or can not critique and how unless it is violating a forum rule.

Last edited:
Apparently not.

What are you two going on about? I wasn't criticizing her picture, I was agreeing with the way she processed it and supported her decision but I get taken the wrong way and ganged up on as usual. Geez! I've learned my lesson.

Where did I say you were criticising her picture? And why do you think you're being "ganged up on"? I am quite baffled by your response.

I have deleted my edit- I don't want to be the catalyst that starts arguments

Sorry @SquarePeg I didn't realise it was shot on an overcast day- in which case your image as fine as it is :)

Les

Where did I say you were criticising her picture? And why do you think you're being "ganged up on"? I am quite baffled by your response.
Lets keep this in perspective.

Square peg: "I'm curious what others think."

I spoke my mind and supported her decision and now we are here doing this.

Maybe if she had simply thanked me we wouldn't be here but she got defensive over the reason I supported her decision.

I'm baffled beyond belief how it came to this.

Lets keep this in perspective.

Square peg: "I'm curious what others think."

I spoke my mind and supported her decision and now we are here doing this.

Maybe if she had simply thanked me we wouldn't be here but she got defensive over the reason I supported her decision.

I'm baffled beyond belief how it came to this.

Someone posted an edit, and Sharon responded but then asked what other people thought. Part of your response was: "there's only one person you need try and please and that's you. If you feel you processed the pics to represent that scene accurately then you hit the mark and that's all that matters."

In past threads, you have said that you wanted to see more critique and fewer posts of simple "nice pic" posts. And so that response confused me because it seemed like you were saying she shouldn't be bothering with feedback. Maybe I misunderstood this sentence. Maybe you meant something else. That's why I asked for clarification.

How does a question asking for clarification of your post lead you to thinking you were being "ganged up on as usual"? I just don't understand why you were ascribing such an aggressive intent to my questions.

Someone posted an edit, and Sharon responded but then asked what other people thought. Part of your response was: "there's only one person you need try and please and that's you. If you feel you processed the pics to represent that scene accurately then you hit the mark and that's all that matters."

In past threads, you have said that you wanted to see more critique and fewer posts of simple "nice pic" posts. And so that response confused me because it seemed like you were saying she shouldn't be bothering with feedback. Maybe I misunderstood this sentence. Maybe you meant something else. That's why I asked for clarification.

How does a question asking for clarification of your post lead you to thinking you were being "ganged up on as usual"? I just don't understand why you were ascribing such an aggressive intent to my questions.
With all due respect, I'm not explaining myself any further, you haven't asked her once why she couldn't have just thanked me, I can see the politics here and where this is going. Have a nice day!

With all due respect, I'm not explaining myself any further, you haven't asked her once why she couldn't have just thanked me, I can see the politics here and where this is going. Have a nice day!

You are mistaken but clearly you don't believe anything I say, so have a nice day.

I like all of them, but #1 and #3 really do it for me. The church seems to get lost in the second one.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back