icassell

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
_MG_3785.jpg

_MG_3795.jpg

On the Colorado River at the border of Arizona and California

Thanks! I was on a peddle boat when I took this ...
I had never been to Havasu before -- definitely worth the trip.

I like the first one in particular, Ian, but the shoreline isn't quite level. The lighthouse is level. Maybe perspective correction could reconcile the two.

Don't visit in summer.

I like the first one in particular, Ian, but the shoreline isn't quite level. The lighthouse is level. Maybe perspective correction could reconcile the two.

Don't visit in summer.

Good thought. I'll play with it on CS2 a bit and see what happens. Funny you should mention summer -- I looked around today and said to my wife "I'll bet this place is scorching in summer" ...

What's 120 degrees to hardened desert rats?

Those are some beautiful pictures. My first thought, however, was, "Why does an inland lake have a lighthouse?"

Lived 4 years in Arizona and loved it.

.... munches on roasted desert rats ...

There are actually two lighthouses ... one on either side of this channel. This channel continues down to London Bridge (yeah, the real one brought over from London) ...
Hey, I live in an odd place.

Ian

Don't visit in summer.

I played a bit with it ... any better?

_MG_3785b.jpg

Better. I still have the sense that the shoreline isn't straight, but that could be an illusion caused by the slant of the mountains.

Better. I still have the sense that the shoreline isn't straight, but that could be an illusion caused by the slant of the mountains.

Maybe. I put it on the grid on CS2 and it seems to be ok (for this blind old photographer). I don't have much experience with the perspective correction feature in CS2, so this was a good opportunity to experiment.

I find the composition on shot one a little to open. It might have been better to take advantage of the diaganol land that leads the viewer to the lighthouse.

The second shot has a lot of water in the foreground. These shots work best when something else is also in the foreground to create a more dramatic sense of perspective.

Well done and keep shooting!

Thanks for the suggestions, Ken. I didn't want my feet in the photograph (I was on a peddle boat) so I really didn't have something to put in the foreground :)

"I don't have much experience with the perspective correction feature...."

If you used my wide-angle lens, you and that feature would become well acquainted. :)

Makes me want to try diving the lake, although I know the visibility isn't very good...

Still, there are supposed to be a bunch of old buildings down there, including an old bank that was turned into a saloon that you can penetrate... :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back