What's new

Lake in the mountains

soar3e

TPF Noob!
Joined
May 4, 2013
Messages
19
Reaction score
1
Location
Bucharest
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is one of my first shots with a DSLR. Feedback much appreciated.

Thanks!

$lake in the mountains and a boat.webp
 
Oh WOW, just make a postcard out of this - Respect!
 
Very nice. I feel like there is too much water. crop a little?
 
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. I wish I knew about the rule of thirds before taking this shot :(.
 
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. I wish I knew about the rule of thirds before taking this shot :(.

Don't crop the image because of a "rule," crop it because you (and only you) feel it betters the image! At the end of the day, if the image doesn't speak to what you meant to capture, then its not worth its weight in pixels.

There are no rules​, only suggestions.
 
I cannot stop looking at the halo-ish thing over the trees on the left. I'm not sure what it is, but something feels off with the composition. Maybe it's all the empty water - you need a cruise ship there! ;)
 
Very lovely.... yes some ill-proportionality is there
Yet i like :D
 
There are no rules​, only suggestions.

agreed. I think of it more like your image might be boring if you centre the subject, so think about putting it somewhere else ... calling it a rule makes me want to break it.

I think I would like your pic better if about half the water was cropped out.

Looks like the lake level is lower than usual. Is it a reservoir or just low this time of year?
 
Thanks for the comments everybody. @bc_steve the shot was taken in august last year (2012), so it might be a bit low because of all the heat, but yes it is a reservoir. The lake is called Oasa Lake and it is situated at 1255 m altitude. It is situated on the Transalpina road (one of the highest roads in Romania).

You can read more about it at
Transalpina (DN67C) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
 
ok that makes more sense! I thought it was a little strange because our water levels at least are quite high at this time of year
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom