Lake Louise

Matty-Bass

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I certainly have not posted any photos in too long, it's about time I show you guys some stuff. Here is a picture I took of Lake Louise in Banff National Park, Alberta, Canada.

I typically go here every couple summers. This shot has been taken literally millions of times by hundreds of thousands of tourists that visit each year! However, it is one of the most beautiful places I think in the world. I am very proud to live in Alberta for this shot :mrgreen: FYI, I have hiked to the other side of the lake, up the mountain, and 10 KM uphill to a mountain teahouse that has to be stocked by horseback. I went on many hikes in Banff National last year with my aunt and uncle.

I know the mountain is a little undercontrasted, but it was difficult to brighten without overexposing the sky. Plus, I think it adds a nice sort of border effect for the glacier in the center.
camping0313elu2.jpg

You can't link directly from DA.

That certainly is a very, very photographed scene...but that doesn't make it any less beautiful. I haven't been up there since I was very little...I may have to get back there some time soon. It sure is great to live in Alberta.

oops, I wasn't sure if I could or not and I was too lazy to upload to somewhere else. Give me 5 minutes and you'll see it.

EDIT

Should be good now. Stupid Photobucket resizes them automatically and it was only 450 kb! :grumpy:

I think the size limit on Photobucket is 250k...I've never had a problem getting an image under that.

it resized it to 150 kb. maybe i'll turn it into a .png

Most reactions

Back