Lake Pics

jojotech

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Just a couple of Lake Pictures I took. Let me know what you think?

Pic1041.jpg

Pic1038.jpg

C&C per req:

1. A nice image, but I have a couple of concerns; (1) The rather thick haze, which is enough to cloud the image, but not really enough to be artistic as fog migh be. This can probably be cleared or greatly reduced through a levels adjustment. The other is the composition of the foreground. The dock adds an important degree of interest to the image, but because the pathway goes out of the image to the right, it takes the eye with it. This would have much less impact with the haze reduced.

2. Composition of this image is improved, however with a slight change in shootimg position so that the dock went more into the middle of the image, it would be even better. It's slightly under-exposed, but nothing a post-processing tweak won't fix. You've got an interesting perspective with the world looking just a tad skewed, doubtless because you were holding the camera with the lens pointed slightly below level, but that is minor.

Overall, nice images, and hope to see more from you

Just my $00.02 worth - your milage may vary.

John

For #1 you can take out almost all that haze (unless that's what you were going for) in post with the brightness/contrast tool.

You shot these right after rain didn't you? The humidity killed them for me. #1 is too hazy. #2 i think could have been composed better maybe taken from the back of the dock. Just me thoughts on it

Most reactions

New Topics

Back