What's new

Lakeside Dawn

Dioboleque

TPF Noob!
Joined
Feb 1, 2008
Messages
461
Reaction score
0
Location
Land O' Lakes, FL
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Took this one morning as the sun was rising. Likes? Dislikes? Suggestions? Thanks! :sillysmi:

click for bigger
 
I like it,

I like the compostion anhe greens of the trees

not so keen on the whiteness of the lake.

:thumbup:
 
Would it work better if the sky/lake would be correctly exposed and the tree shadows would be underexposed!?
Maybe...
 
Thanks for the comments! The focus for me is the trees and greens which is why I exposed them properly rather than the lake. The sun was rising on the left side of the lake and the sky was mostly grey/white which I think is why the lake looks that way. Without waiting until later in the day I don't know if it could be avoided. Here's a shot I took on the same day directly facing the sunrise for the A Day in the Life of the World assignment.

click for bigger
 
i really like it but i think that the dock in between the trees is a little distracting, although nothing you could do about it. i really like the shadows blending into the bottom of the tree.
 
Thanks Apex! I like to think of the dock with the benches as representing the laid back lakeside living lifestyle... :sillysmi:
 
A polarizing lens will take the glare off of the water and produce a better exposed photograph. You were right to expose for the trees.
JS
 
Thanks for the comment Judge! I've been considering buying some filters for my cam, it's digital but it's not a DSLR, and while it can use filters, I'm not sure I want to purchase accessories as I may get the idea at some point to upgrade to a DSLR. :sillysmi:
 
I agree, the trees are beautiful...something serene about them.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom