Lambaste or otherwise (Critic expected)

BananaRepublic

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I started using LR for first time in a few years today. My first thought was "what the hell this has all changed". When I last used Adobe :fangs: the icons on my desktop where blue, pre CC vrs classic. So anyway played around and this is the first image out of it. I will say that I didn't no a whole lot about what was going on in the sense that I was moving sliders at random, sort of.

I am just trying to gauge have I broken through the bottom of the barrel with this.

DSC_4960.jpg

Last edited:
Looks pretty spot on to me!

Lightroom is more or less designed to work to to bottom, so if you move through it that way it'll be close enough. Mind you I don't tend to do mine on order ;)

Looks pretty spot on to me!

Lightroom is more or less designed to work to to bottom, so if you move through it that way it'll be close enough. Mind you I don't tend to do mine on order ;)

I adapted a preset with the gradient and brush tools, but like that I am not confident I could reproduce the same result again.

IMO you did a great job using LR, cracking image and colours are spot on.

Looks okay. I dunno...I saw and used Lightroom CC, the very-latest version, last weekend. Uggggg...what a crap interface they've arrived at. So non-intuitive. I am soooo glad I dumped Photoshop CC and Lightroom CC a couple years ago.

Looks okay. I dunno...I saw and used Lightroom CC, the very-latest version, last weekend. Uggggg...what a crap interface they've arrived at. So non-intuitive. I am soooo glad I dumped Photoshop CC and Lightroom CC a couple years ago.

I've also abandoned CC myself personally but the business I work for required it for a few days, signed up to it with the intention of canceling within the cooling of period, which is 14 days in Europe for all web based purchases. But that period came and went without a cancelation. The account has been active since March and only now have I started to use LR.

I think they have adapted the interface for phone & tablet as thats were the market is.

I agree that's exactly what I thought that the new interface is for phone and tablet. I've really grown sick and tired of 20 something and 30 something software engineers effing up product interfaces.

I adapted a preset with the gradient and brush tools, but like that I am not confident I could reproduce the same result again.

LR has the ability to save your settings as your own presets giving you one click editing. You can save all or parts of your editing. Because there is no one preset that fits all images, I save my presets by section/panel, some of which are automatically applied at import. So say for example you were shooting this scene again and you had a 100 images all of the same field in the same light, you could apply your chosen presets, at import so all the processing is done for you. Or if you import your photos, without, you can apply your own presets in the Develop module. Saving your own presets -

If you have no idea which way to go on processing an image, try clicking on the Auto button in the Develop Module. The Auto button features AI and will first utilize the data built in, but as you make changes it learns what you like and don't like, so each time you use it you'll find it getting closer to what you prefer.

I think they have adapted the interface for phone & tablet as thats were the market is.

Light Room Mobile for phone/tablet is a royal PITA, that I finally uninstalled from the tablet. It only has limited editing features, but the bad thing is that it will try to sync all your photos from your LR CC, which will slow your CC down to a crawl, then if there's errors, it tries to keep hammering away continuing the ordeal.

Hey man, clean that sensor or at least fix them in post. :)

For me, a wee bit over saturated. I'd also be tempted to crop it so the combine is not centred.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back