Lamborghini Aventador - C&C

ZacPounds

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Shooting at a local meet I got a few photos of an Aventador and wanted to go a little further with the editing on one of them to see what I could manage to make look realistic without going overboard. I wanted to do this because I see a lot of people adding things into photos that were not there before or superimposing cars in different photos. The only way to learn in this field is by doing so I looked up some tutorials and did the best I could.

I'm really looking for some constructive criticism here to see how I did. This is my first time doing this and I don't want anyone to be easy on me. (I know some/most are going to have an issue with the leg in the photo but I didn't mind it being in the photo because of the environment it is in so I'm not worried about that, I just want to know about the other editing aspects)

Here is the after:

Caffeine and Octane
by Zachary Pounds, on Flickr

Here is the before:

aventador raw
by Zachary Pounds, on Flickr

Thanks to Parker219 I am going to add another task for those willing to help me out. If you would, please look over my Flickr account linked below and pick out a few of your favorite photos, doesn't have to be a lot. I would like to get some input on which photos look best so I may bring them to show examples of my work.

Flickr Zachary Pounds Photostream

Thanks for your time!

Zac

Last edited:
For what you were going for, I'd say you did a pretty good job.

For my tastes, I might like a 50-50 blend of the original and what you did.

I don't mind the leg, because of the angle it almost looks like someone ( the picture viewer in a way ) is just staring at the beauty.

Did you try it with the headlights dialed back slightly? They are a little bright, in my opinion.

Also, maybe select JUST THE SREET and take out the blue and add clarity?

Here you go....this is my edit put in to action...

The more I look at your photo...the more I like it...

16111681284_3c460aa7e4_z-3.jpg

Here you go....this is my edit put in to action...

The more I look at your photo...the more I like it...

View attachment 96549

Haha. Well I guess that's a good thing.

I can certainly make those changes though. I'll play with the PSD in a sec and add it to this reply. The color was added to the ground to give the idea that the lights were illuminating the ground. Adjusting it without the PSD it's hard to get a good edit.

Did you get any other angles of the car?

Um...the wider view, but cropped in a bit would be better than the original...in my opinion anyway.

I wish that other red car wasn't there.

Such a sweet car though.

Um...the wider view, but cropped in a bit would be better than the original...in my opinion anyway.

I wish that other red car wasn't there.

Such a sweet car though.

Yeah, I'm okay with it though. If you just want to see other photos you can check my Flickr linked below the photos. Unfortunately other cars being around is the nature of the beast with car shows..

^ Not if you steal the car and bring the owner back some really nice photos, so they wont be mad / drop the charges...

^ Not if you steal the car and bring the owner back some really nice photos, so they wont be mad / drop the charges...

LMAO. That's probably the best reply I have seen on a photography forum yet.

But unfortunately this show has cops all over because of the amount of cars and foot traffic it gets, I would never get past the gate :( . I may have to try and take an owner to the side one time though. I have never thought myself good enough to ask someone with a car this expensive if I could grab some photos afterward.

I would say you should get 10 of your best car photos and put them in a binder / book / portfolio. Then bring them with you to the next car show and show the owners, and I am sure they will book a session with you! You get paid, plus add more to your portfolio.

I would say you should get 10 of your best car photos and put them in a binder / book / portfolio. Then bring them with you to the next car show and show the owners, and I am sure they will book a session with you! You get paid, plus add more to your portfolio.

I may just have to do that. Thanks for the idea! Could I ask a favor of you since you gave me the idea?

No, I can not let you borrow my Lamborghini. :1219:

Ask away.

No, I can not let you borrow my Lamborghini. :1219:

Ask away.

Hahaha. I wish.. But if you could look over my Flickr (most of my final photos are there) and pick a few of your favorites that would be a great help. If it's too much trouble then that's okay!

Wow...I am really impressed!

There is no way I could narrow down or list my favorites...since I liked ALL of your photos.

You really have a good eye, I think you found your niche!

Maybe some others can weigh in...

Most reactions

Back