Landscape lens suggestions for 60D

Moly

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I recently returned to the hobby after having been away for far too long. I bought a s/h 60D for a knockdown price and put it to work with my old lenses I'd been using with my previous DSLR, one of the original Digital Rebels.

I currently own the old kit lens EF-S 18-55 f3.5-5.6 and the EF-S 55-250 f4-5.6 IS II from my days of using the 300D.

I just bought the Sigma 50mm f2.8 EX DG Macro for macro work (unsurprisingly), again second hand, and am now looking to expand my arsenal cost effectively to help out my landscape photography. Cost effectiveness is an important point here as I will probably progress on to a full frame body at some point and I don't want to "waste" cash unneccesarily on EF-S lenses.

So what I'm looking at are the two pancake lenses by Canon, the 24mm or 40mm f2.8 STM, the EF 50mm f1.8 STM or even the EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM Zoom. Are there any Sigma or Tamron lenses I should be considering?

Any suggestions gratefully received.

Canon EF 16-35mm f4 L is a nice lanscape lens that will work on a full frame camera as well.

As for the pancakes they are tempting (who doesn't like pancakes?!! :1219:) but out of the two I'd pick the 24mm over the 40mm seeing as you already have a 50mm. I shoot a lot more down at 20-28mm (or even wider for me :801:) than I do at 40-50mm.

The Canon EFS 10-18mm STM looks like a decent lens, as you know won't work on a full frame though a pretty decent choice if you want those ultrawide focal lengths on a crop sensor camera.

Canon 10-18 ($200 used) or look at refurbished

I concur.

You can always run two cameras when you upgrade to FF. EFs lens in one kit wide angle ( and any lens you wish to keel for the 60D) and a zoom or tele EF kit on the FF. Thats my plan!

Good luck. Its an awesome lens (10-18).

Most reactions

New Topics

Back