What's new

Landscapes C&C

wow, these pictures are absolutely amazing. I really like how the sky and foreground are not too dark or bright, in both the pictures. I think the right side in the first picture could have used a little more contrast, but I am not sure how you could do that without changing the whole picture, except maybe photoshop? Well, all-in-all, these are very well composed, great shots.
 
I'm going to agree with everyone else. Nicely done! Is it possible for you to post the original images that you used to make these shots? I've seen so many HDR images but thought they looked just ok. Now I see what can really be done to an image with this technique. I'm just curious to see what you did to get these.
 
Regardless of comments, the first one is simply stunning. It should be enlarged and mounted. The second one is indeed a very good shot, but does look a tad over-processed.... yet it has a very beautiful clouds/formations.
 
Both spots are very nice to take good shots! Well chosen.

In the first one I don't like the relatively bright "halo" above the trees especially in the left half of the image. I'd say too much HDR processing there.

It's a tricky one as the foreground still could be bit lighter. I would process this image twice: Lower half of the image with major HDR processing and the upper half in a way so that there is not so much of bright sky right above the trees. Then blend them together in Photoshop or whatever you're using.

HDR imaging is really a matter of personal taste. Some people do like the halo effects around high contrast areas but I don't. Especially where the sky hits the ground.

I also think it was a bit too late for that shot as the sun is awfully low which does give you a good light (in terms of color) but I think there are some shadows cast onto the tree line (in the left half of the image as well, it appears the front row of the trees is illuminated only on the top half).

A higher sun would have helped to illuminate the foreground more as well.

Second shot is ok. I'd have tried to use a dark neutral density filter to make the water surface look like soft cotton. That would have added more mood to the shot.


I agree of what you said.. the halo seems a bit unnatural for me... you need to be careful when do an editing.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom