What's new

Landscapes for C&C

spacefuzz

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Jan 18, 2011
Messages
1,832
Reaction score
318
Location
Southern California
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Some recent work I would love some brutally honest feedback on! make me cry!

1. 12 minute exposure at f/22. Just after sunrise near Santa Cruz. Filters left a brutal red cast and tis a bit soft I know.
6206179555_8540c7e508_o.jpg


2. Pepper fields in CA. f/8 bracketed shot.
6206695444_69ec84694a_o.jpg



3. Waves on a stormy morning in Capitola. Dont remember settings. Is the white foam too dominant?
6206695604_52e887b529_o.jpg
 
3. That depends on the subject. If the foam isn't the subject, then yes it's too distracting.

1 and 2 really aren't bad.
 
I quite like #1. I managed to get rid of the color cast after a rough edit.
 
I quite like #1. I managed to get rid of the color cast after a rough edit.

Yeah the original color was deep red, and a fully corrected looked like a blandish grey sky (which it was), so I compromised with purple for "artistic" effect :p
 
#1's the winner! The rock in bottom right absolutely makes this image.
 
Hi
I like 2 because of the lines and the repeated pattern in the background
 
1 does look awesome, I love long exposure shots but 2 is my favourite - the contrasting bright colours do it for me.... number 3 I thought my feet were going to get wet!
 
I think the action in #3 is very cool!. I love the colors in #2.

Can you share what filters you used in #1? I will be tsking some photos next week with filters for the first time and would appreciate your insight and challenges.
 
#1 The cliff seems out of focus, I would make it less colorful imo
#2 kind of boring, doesnt wow me
#3 to be honest I dont like the composition, the long exposure on the water is odd, and it feels like there is too much beach and too little air/water.. if that makes sense
 
I think the action in #3 is very cool!. I love the colors in #2.

Can you share what filters you used in #1? I will be tsking some photos next week with filters for the first time and would appreciate your insight and challenges.

I believe in #1 I stacked a 6 stop ND, with 2x 3 stop GNDs pushed all the way down for a total of 12 stops of filter. With the cheap lens & that much glass / resin in front of it no wonder it came out soft.

The GNDs are great but a pain if you dont have a holder for them. What will you be shooting?
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom