Neon Signs - C&C Please

I like the shots! Don't mean to hijack your post, and I know people don't like links to other sites, so follow this if you'd like... or not, that's fine also.

Point being..... I love the sign museum! Been there multiple times, and can't wait till the new location opens!

I shot a bunch of 360º panoramics there a while back. Haven't put the interactive (VR) versions on the web, but here's a link to the flattened versions if you'd like to take a look.

Again, don't mean to steal your post, but I thought you'd appreciate the shots.

here's the gallery: Chris Stegner - BluegrassPhotography.Net | American Sign Museum, Cincinnati, Ohio

Those are some neat shots. So you understand the tightness of the museum. I am interested to see the new place as well. My friend is getting married there when it opens. Well having her reception.

You are right around the corner from me. Are you in any local clubs?

These are all really good. I've not fotographed glowing objects before, but I imagine it's hard to get that ambient glow of Neon that you've captured so well.

I really like the first one. I think it needs a bit more pop but it's a nice shot. Also I used to be a bowler so it's all the more nicer

jaicatalano said:
I really like the first one. I think it needs a bit more pop but it's a nice shot. Also I used to be a bowler so it's all the more nicer

Thank you did you see the sharper version a few posts up? The one in the original post got messed up.

Fishpaste said:
These are all really good. I've not fotographed glowing objects before, but I imagine it's hard to get that ambient glow of Neon that you've captured so well.

Thanks you. Yeah photographing these was interesting. I found if you use to high a shutter speed you get a dark line in the neon. I guess it is faster the the frequency of the neon gas.

The cafe one has a sort of film noir (am I using the right term?) feeling to it. It's a little stagnant (the composition is very dull), but the effect of the image is otherwise pretty cool. Try the same thing with some odd angles and such and see what you come up with.

How do you mean in any local clubs? Do I go to any? Not really.... Big Bluegrass Fan so I do get out to the Madison in Covington upon occasion, and of course the Southgate House before they closed.

Thanks frequency. To be honest those are my two favorites as well. They look like they have suffered in sharpness from the upload. What don't you like about #2 & #3? Just curious.

PS like the rhyme.

Third image is too straight forward where your camera lens and the board are parallel to one another... that is not a creative angle to see that board; conversely you applied it properly in image 2; that was your own angle and you created or interpreted it in your own way ( even though i miss some thing there, something other than angle or perspective-that's why i did not like that much). See, most of the things we shoot as "photographers" are not our own creations....the flowers, the trees, sunsets, buildings (one or two bitter jewellers may be an exception ;) )...........It is our reinterpretations that make us a creator, beyond a clicker.

Frequency; Third image is too straight forward where your camera lens and the board are parallel to one another... that is not a creative angle to see that board; conversely you applied it properly in image 2; that was your own angle and you created or interpreted it in your own way ( even though i miss some thing there said:
I understand, thanks for explaining. I can agree with taking it straight on in #3 is more of a documentation rather then artistic. I guess I thought the lighting I used my have made it artistic, but it seems from several people they don't see it that way which is fine.

How do you mean in any local clubs? Do I go to any? Not really.... Big Bluegrass Fan so I do get out to the Madison in Covington upon occasion, and of course the Southgate House before they closed.

I meant local photo clubs sorry. Yeah the southgate house was sad. I am new to the area and only made it there once on the closing weekend to see the sleepin dogs.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back