Large collection from my first PAID wedding.

AnotherNewGuy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Also posted in professional gallery.

This was a low budget outdoor wedding. Luckily I work for real cheap right now. Always looking to improve, and I know I can't compare to most of the wedding guys on here, so C&C please. I'm not sensitive so let me have it.

759038472_5FmcB-XL.jpg

759038575_Jwz7J-XL.jpg

758866100_ytxtq-XL.jpg

758866440_Rw6BD-XL.jpg

758866066_bTPm7-XL.jpg

758870393_C69h3-XL.jpg

758869291_7th5Y-XL.jpg

758862559_Fddxk-XL.jpg

758869762_dYCwL-XL.jpg

758867476_U3jde-XL.jpg

758867351_Ra8ej-XL.jpg

758867612_VE3YM-XL.jpg

758868133_jV3SW-XL.jpg

758871320_eukuz-XL.jpg

759038762_oSBb6-XL.jpg

759039387_5HsUV-XL.jpg

17. I have a few I did with the motion blur from the reception. Does this look work?
759038249_aazZA-XL.jpg

Honestly, I like all of these except the very very last one. Really shows her age and imperfections, probably even heightening them, which no one wants. I am not going to comment on many of the rest, but I will say I bet they got alot of bang for their buck! Good job on lots of these.
Now lets see if anything sticks out at me:
2: looks like she's picking her nose! eww haha
3: lovely, but a bit heavy on the vignette.
6: wish the reflection was better lit and the camera wasn't tilted quite as much. if this were a bit straighter I bet you'd see more reflection, more of the back of the dress, and if your flash was on the hot shoe, I bet it would have lit up the reflection more...
9: love it
10: I like the concept, wish the red hue over the background wasn't as heavy, and the middle picture's WB doesn't match the other three. and the fourth picture I wish was a bit more of the bride in the fram instead of nothing
17: already said, not a fan of this one at all.
I really think you did a great job on these though. You were by yourself, caught alot of great moments, and I really like your compilation ideas.

what the hell! i did a big ole critique on this and it posted. now its gone?! maybe not? i dunno! dammit, i posted here, then looked at your other thread thinking it was the same thing, and then backtracked and posted here again. hahaha

17. [...] Does this look work?

No. She looks...diseased (him too)... That's really the only one that looks that way, so I think it might be something you did (or failed to do)...

#6 might have been more interesting with the focus on the mirror...

17. [...] Does this look work?

No. She looks...diseased (him too)... That's really the only one that looks that way, so I think it might be something you did (or failed to do)...

#6 might have been more interesting with the focus on the mirror...

I have one with the mirror in focus... it metered weird tho.. I will work on it and post it.

Honestly, I like all of these except the very very last one. Really shows her age and imperfections, probably even heightening them, which no one wants. I am not going to comment on many of the rest, but I will say I bet they got alot of bang for their buck! Good job on lots of these.
Now lets see if anything sticks out at me:
2: looks like she's picking her nose! eww haha
3: lovely, but a bit heavy on the vignette.
6: wish the reflection was better lit and the camera wasn't tilted quite as much. if this were a bit straighter I bet you'd see more reflection, more of the back of the dress, and if your flash was on the hot shoe, I bet it would have lit up the reflection more...
9: love it
10: I like the concept, wish the red hue over the background wasn't as heavy, and the middle picture's WB doesn't match the other three. and the fourth picture I wish was a bit more of the bride in the fram instead of nothing
17: already said, not a fan of this one at all.
I really think you did a great job on these though. You were by yourself, caught alot of great moments, and I really like your compilation ideas.

Thank you so much. I agree with pretty much all of that. The tilt in the dressing room was due to all the people I was contorted around. I agree with the bride's spread, that middle picture does look off now that I look at it again. The red is a little much. I think the consensus on #17 is HELL NO.. lol. thanks again.

Last edited:
i dont like the color tone in any of them... and i would never pay for the first two photos... she looks like she just woke up out of bed... get a shot of the bride getting ready AFTER most of her makeup is on...

i like #3... not a huge fan of 15 but it works for me because she looks so happy in it....

The last photo (17) Is very unflattering to me. The chin in the upper right is also distracting and humorously noisy and discolored.

i dont like the color tone in any of them...

I am processing the RAW files in aperture. Do you have any tips for me to get better color. This is the only way I can currently process my D300s RAWs. Don't have lightroom. The dressing room pics were tough because of how I bounced the flash... some casted a horrible tint. I would like to improve if you have any tips for me.

Well I will just tell you the truth since you posted them and asked.
Everybody has to start somewhere...but this level of does not warrant payment.
My suggestion is to find a couple weddings you can shoot for free, or better yet find someone you can second or third shoot for or just watch them do a couple weddings.
Get out and shoot your friends for free and practice till you get to where you are taking some good pictures.
Number one rule of wedding photography is to make the bride look good no matter what, you failed big time at that.
Your processing and lighting skills need a lot of work.
I know that is not what you want to hear but it is the truth.
Anybody that tells you different either doesn't know what they are talking about or are blowing smoke up your you know what.

Well I appreciate criticism no matter how harsh. Can you be more specific though. Lets knock #17 out of the equation because that was just something I was playing with. Also, I didn't touch up #2. Can you explain what could be better on the rest, and how?

Most reactions

Back