Last Chance

No, but I wouldn't want to shoo yet another member away, just because he holds in high regard a picture which is, in other's eyes, sub par.

Since I don't have the omniscience to determine someone's intentions from a couple of lines, I thought some slack could be cut.

I would agree. Not everyone gets off to a flying start and it isn't overly surprising when it takes someone a little time to settle into an extablished community. However, I would say that gladounian is obviously up for a challenge as his more recently posted image would seem to indicate.

I never ever took a single picture in my life, which I myself consider close to perfect. And I have been taking pictures for a long time by now.

I have, probably a few times. Then I looked at them again a couple of days or a week later, and realized I was mistaken. :D

Always in search of the "perfect" picture. :thumbup:

I had a slide I lost, and I remembered how it was the "best picture" and I wanted to scan it, color correct, make it into an 8 x 10. Then I found it. Wrong again! But 15 years ago, I thought it was really great and unusual.

My best photos are yet to be taken, but I keep thinking I'm getting better after 40 years of trying?

I'm afraid to say, I'm a noob at photography, but I have a good eye for it, and that picture doens't do it for me

to me it looks like a fudged up shot, and maybe the coolness you percieve is the irregularly irregular blurring, which isn't seen that often, even in badly taken phots

not that your photo is badly taken, look, just dont hurt me.

I'm afraid to say, I'm a noob at photography, but I have a good eye for it, and that picture doens't do it for me

to me it looks like a fudged up shot, and maybe the coolness you percieve is the irregularly irregular blurring, which isn't seen that often, even in badly taken phots

not that your photo is badly taken, look, just dont hurt me.
lols, no oned gettin hurt. I'm not good either.

The sad part is that he did the blur on purpose. So regardless, one of the main things that ruins the picture was done on purpose. I don't understand why you would purposely blur or shoot out of focus on a picture.

It's called soft focus. Some people desire this effect.

Everyone has been raised to expect razor sharp focus ever since Ansel Adams and the f/64 club. Sometimes blurry images can work. I'm not saying in this picture, but sometimes.

As long as we continue practicing, we will surely improve. Gladounian for some reason, we can still try and try to be our best as long as have our courage to learn and improve to become a better photographer. Looking back on the pictures I taken last year, I see my improvement and I know everyone here probably came to this process.

remember that i took into account everything you told me and took another picture. Sorry i'm posting this link again but what i really want isd critique on the new picture that i have taken. I wanted to post a new thread about it in this gallery but it got moved to the landscape nature gallery. Anyway here is the link. http://www.picable.com/Nature/Insects/Ladybugs-on-Grass.52109

come on guys, this is ridiculous. The OP is obviously a beginner, and that's great. Maybe I feel for him cause I was a beginner a year ago, and thought some of my shots were absolutely amazing at the time. Now I look back and see they are awful. Regardless, at the time they were great in my opinion, and inspired me to take more photos.

TPF has been great for me; I always enjoy posting on here and people not treating me like an idiot. However, many of you on this topic have been buttheads to the OP.

He was looking for C&C on his picture, not C&C on himself.

none of my threads ever got that much response :(

yeah ditto, and i had 6 times as many photos

yeah ditto, and i had 6 times as many photos
I checked, and discovered that this was becuase you never told us that any of them were amazing or perfect. :lol:

Asking for critiques and help is one thing. Asking everyone to critique a perfect or amazing picture is a request for attention, IMHO.

Right.
Everything has been discussed.
The OP has long stepped on and posted another, very good, photo.
Go over there and check that one out and leave this thread alone at long last, please.

Most reactions

Back