Last Light on the Summer Trail

abraxas

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
799-trail-v2.jpg

Stunning capture....I love the colours....where was this taken at??

Really breathtaking!! That warm light of late afternoon, the slanted slope, and the twisting trail that disappears around the bend, all combine for a really beautiful image.

Stunning capture....I love the colours....where was this taken at??

Thank you. This was a taken in the Angeles National Forest in Southern California. Table Mountain campground is a nice place to get out of the heat and provides some pretty shade. The mountain and campground are on the face of the range and during the summer when the sun is at it's furthest point north, the last light of day kind of seems to come from underneath rather than above of on the side.

Really breathtaking!! That warm light of late afternoon, the slanted slope, and the twisting trail that disappears around the bend, all combine for a really beautiful image.

Thanks Anty!

This is beautiful! If I had been in your shoes, at the same time, in the same place, I would have felt compelled to take this same photo, too! You cannot have been there, bringing the camera, NOT taking a photo with light like that!!!

This is beautiful! If I had been in your shoes, at the same time, in the same place, I would have felt compelled to take this same photo, too! You cannot have been there, bringing the camera, NOT taking a photo with light like that!!!

Thank you.

I stalked the light :) This trail was a lucky break for me. I believe it is an abandoned logging/service road that hasn't been used for a 60 years or so. It doesn't appear on any of the maps either as a road or trail although it looks as if hikers use it fairly frequently. The vanilla-scent the Jeffrey pine give off was intoxicating.

I've had a horribly rough day today. I want to go up there and sit in a lawn chair and see if the light happens again.

Mersad, AquaVelvet, Lazzara, Skiboarder;

Thank you very much. We've all sold me- I'm going back up there tomorrow afternoon and sit there for awhile. When the light gets like this, I'm going to walk around the corner and see what's there :)

Mersad, AquaVelvet, Lazzara, Skiboarder;

Thank you very much. We've all sold me- I'm going back up there tomorrow afternoon and sit there for awhile. When the light gets like this, I'm going to walk around the corner and see what's there :)

Great. Can't wait to see the photos.

Most reactions

Back