Last Minutes with Oden (For animal lovers)

o hey tyler

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I've watched this several times over the past day, and it gets to me every time. If you have a dog, cat, rabbit, etc that is growing old, you can't help but relate.

[video=vimeo;8191217]http://vimeo.com/8191217[/video]

Bumping because I think people should actually take the time to watch this.

I've been down that road eight times in my life.

But it's a small price to pay for what you get in return.

I did... Touching.

I've been down this road too.
It's never a good thing. Yes , I know what it's like to cry, to hurt, and to miss a good friend, forever.

I can't get past the first few seconds of this (our 20-yr old cat passed away just a couple of weeks ago), but if it's about making that final decision for a pet as it seems to be, perhaps this should be prefaced with a bit more of a warning, kind of like NSFW?

Brings back too many memories that are way too painful. Dogs are the best people. I wish I could be half the man that mine think I am.

Gah I made it about halfway though :'(

Whether or not to get a beloved pet put to sleep is one of the toughest decisions a person can make in his or her life (and one that I've had to deal with a few times), but that said, I don't agree with this man's decision to euthanize his dog based on what was shown of it. I don't have all the background information on his pet of course, but looking at the footage, the dog didn't really seem to have anything wrong with it aside from it only having three legs. When he came home the dog was spritely and alert, and walked up to him wagging its tail to give kisses. He said the dog was "in pain" but I didn't see anything to indicate that - having owned a dog with closed-angle glaucoma who eventually succumbed to hemangiosarcoma and had to be put down, I know what a dog in serious pain looks like.

I wonder what the whole story is behind this dog, the video doesn't go into much detail about why it was being euthanized.

-Raises hand- I'll go and and say I have a very soft and weak heart for animals. My family had two cats one persian and one alley cat both rescued cats from horrible homes so we took them in and made sure they will taken care of. My mothers cat lived until he was 20 and died of a heart defect and mine died at 20 as well due to a hard seziure that he never got cured from. I hate seeing animals hurt I really do when Sarah Mclachlan comes on commercial with the animals that was recused from danger homes it just sucks seeing that! :(:(

Whether or not to get a beloved pet put to sleep is one of the toughest decisions a person can make in his or her life (and one that I've had to deal with a few times), but that said, I don't agree with this man's decision to euthanize his dog based on what was shown of it. I don't have all the background information on his pet of course, but looking at the footage, the dog didn't really seem to have anything wrong with it aside from it only having three legs. When he came home the dog was spritely and alert, and walked up to him wagging its tail to give kisses. He said the dog was "in pain" but I didn't see anything to indicate that - having owned a dog with closed-angle glaucoma who eventually succumbed to hemangiosarcoma and had to be put down, I know what a dog in serious pain looks like.

I wonder what the whole story is behind this dog, the video doesn't go into much detail about why it was being euthanized.

I would imagine dogs, much like people, have a different pain tolerance and reaction to pain. We had a German Shepard who was really old, his hips finally went out and he lost bowel control. He was still "smiling" at us and wagging his tail to the end. Makes me cry just thinking about it.

o hey tyler said:
I've watched this several times over the past day, and it gets to me every time. If you have a dog, cat, rabbit, etc that is growing old, you can't help but relate.

Video Link: http://vimeo.com/8191217

It was a very good film, and you brought a 6'1" 225 to tears. There was a similar segment like this in a national geographic. A guy took his dog up a hill and watched the whole day go by and by sunset the dog died on his master's lap. From there I couldn't get mad at my dog; even when I came home this afternoon he had a bag of cheerios in his mouth like a small welcome home gift.

AHotPhototaker said:
- Sarah Mclachlan comes on commercial with the animals that was recused from danger homes it just sucks seeing that! :(:(
I tear up in anger for irresponsible people who leave their pets to die or abuse them ...just sickening!

I had to let my dog Sophia of 14 years go two years ago, I was 18 and a senior in high school. I still remember the day I got her in Kindergarden for a birthday present. Best gift anyone has ever given me. That dog had the kindest soul and loved me every day of all those years no matter what. I just hope I get to see her again one day.

Thank You so much for posting this...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back