What's new

Last Two Oil and Vinegar: Space!

PixelRabbit

A naughty little bunny...
Joined
Nov 28, 2011
Messages
6,593
Reaction score
3,719
Location
Ontario
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
These are the last two from playing with oil and vinegar for now.

The second one I was silly, I tagged it onto the end of the original thread and that is just a death sentence for a picture, I should know better! So without shame I'm reposting it here in this thread so it has half a chance ;)

I really enjoy doing these and will definitely be doing them again. I've been using continuous light for these but I definitely want to get my hands on some flash for my next time.















 
Last edited:
First one is OUTSTANDING...and second isn't too shabby but for good comps, I'd never put it up for critique against the top job.
 
I love the blue one. It looks like this could be on an LP cover from a 70's album, or was that only MY 70's...LOL
 
Last edited:
Thanks all :)

It's good to see them both getting luv.
Corinna, nice! Yep 4 years is long enough!
 
Thanks Weepete, looking forward to seeing what you and Corinna come up with!
 
These are great, I like them both, if I had to choose I would most likely go with the blue one, for the angle.

What does vinegar do for the solution that water does not? I've done these a couple of times, and always used oil and water (with a little dish soap added to the water).
 
Thanks Fotograph and welcome to TPF :)

I tried oil and water my first try, I think the difference with using vinegar is the oil gets suspended nicely and for longer than it does in the water.
 
These are the last two from playing with oil and vinegar for now.

The second one I was silly, I tagged it onto the end of the original thread and that is just a death sentence for a picture, I should know better! So without shame I'm reposting it here in this thread so it has half a chance ;)

I really enjoy doing these and will definitely be doing them again. I've been using continuous light for these but I definitely want to get my hands on some flash for my next time.

I like both... but #2 "does" it for me.... It looks like a stylized shot of bubbles from a SCUBA regulator, while looking up. Many pleasant memories there....
 
Last edited:
Thanks Fotograph and welcome to TPF :)

I tried oil and water my first try, I think the difference with using vinegar is the oil gets suspended nicely and for longer than it does in the water.

Thanks, I'll try that next time I do them and see if it works better than adding the dishsoap to the water.
 
Fun stuff, Rabbit! I always wanted to do another round of these for the hell of it. The winter is the perfect time.
 
Thanks Charlie, very cool, I see that now!

Thanks Mishele :) Looking forward to seeing what you come up with ;)
 
Ah, #1 for me. It has a pretty magestic arc populated by various orbs. Love it. Oh #2 isn't shabby either, but for me it's #1 for the win.
 
Loved both. The blue has more of a 3-d appearance.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom