Late Night Spectating

Braineack

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I took this shot during a 24hr endurance race over the weekend. It was 11pm (13 hours in) and I was just snapping a few shots of the cars on the track before heading into my room to take a nap before pulling the early shift in the pits.

This guy was out there snapping shots with his cell phone while others drivers and crew were sit/resting/napping.

I wish I was able to capture more of the rain coming down, you can see a little of it, but doesn't potray the actual conditions. But I really liked to lighting and the representation of the moment, so I took the shot.

Late Night Spectating by The Braineack, on Flickr

my entire set from the event can be seen here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/80607199@N08/sets/72157646321786586/

Last edited:
Nice job -- can't wait to see some race photos. My bucket list includes getting to at least one real enduro. Incidentally, the stones it takes to drive a race car at night in the rain.... I'm massively impressed by those guys.

I posted a link to my set. I have hundreds of shots of cars on track, just put up a few of the better ones.

What's funny is one of the drivers is known for refusing to drive in the rain. He actually ended up driving in the rain at dusk. I think he got over his fear because he described it as a bunch of fun. He pulled them up from 10th to 5th or so after his 2 hours. We were in the top 5 almost the entire race and ended up 5th out of 94 cars; we missed 4th by less than 30 seconds--came down to pit timing, we had to take an extra unplanned stop earlier.

Really nice dude. I like it.

Great shot. Really like the color, focus,clarity. And above all the composition. Ed

I posted a link to my set. I have hundreds of shots of cars on track, just put up a few of the better ones.

I think DSC_0065-89 is my favorite. Love it!

The car shots are nice, I particularly like some of the cars lighted when it got dark, the one outlined in blue is pretty cool.

For the other shots of what was happening behind the scenes it looks like you had limited space to work with but I'd still think about the backgrounds and vantage points. I find sometimes I can still take half a step or lean etc. to not get a pole thru the middle of someone etc. In some of the group shots I'd think about the framing so for example you include hands but not so much space at the top.

I like the one posted here, great job capturing the atmosphere of what it was like being there.

I like the feel of this shot. Racing pics don't have to be all about the cars.

Most reactions

Back