Flash Harry, isn't Ted saying that this was his very, very, VERY first attempt?
Aren't very, very, VERY first attempts allowed to "look rubbish" without anyone saying it out loud?
I feel that the goose in the original photo from where it was taken was standing. And not swimming. And this fact shows. And this is what causes FlashHarry to say it is "rubbish". OK, there are many mistakes - but I for one have NEVER SO FAR in all my life tried this technique! So kudos to Ted for trying, first of all.
Now my question is: was the cut-and-pasted goose standing?
And yes, as you can see in Lew's (i.e. The_Traveler's) edit, it at least needs to have a reflection same as the trees. He nicely explains how he brought about his.
And some here were even instantly able to tell that the colour temps in both the lake pic and the goose pic don't go together. Wow. I can only feel that "something is not quite right", but I couldn't ever tell what it is...