LCD Screen Protectors: DO you use one? Tell the truth!

Do you use a LCD screen protector?

• Total voters

Trever1t

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
wsgphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Well? Do you use the plastic LCD screen protector or is it off for good, stuffed in a drawer?
I never thought about it to be honest, mine is still on. I just peeled off the silly screen protector from my cell phone, it's amaizing how clear it is wirthout and made me think about the cameras cheap piece of plastic :D

So tell me your preference and any related stories!

It's a public poll but don't be skeered!

Nope.
Thrown out ages ago.

Junk likes to get stuck between it and the screen.
Ain't nobody got time for that.

Yes I do. On everything, camera, cell phone, laptop, without fail. I am very strange that way. If I get the tiniest scratch on my screen, it will drive me crazy. My wife insists I have OCD. I think I am just take care of my stuff. Not sure who is most accurate. :lol:

Yep. My cameras came with the snap-on style protectors included and I saw no reason to take them off. I do occasionally remove them to dust off the LCD but other than that they are on there.

The week I got my D90 I was shooting birds one morning. Threw my camera up to my eye to grab a shot of a woodpecker and forgot I was smoking a cigarette. Put the cigarette out on the screen protector and left a big melted area in it. Had it not been for the protector it would have been my LCD. Went home, ordered TWO new ones from B&H, and they haven't been off since. I've also not put another cigarette out on one either ;)

On another occasion I was shooting a drag race in Phoenix. Top fuel cars put out a lot of clutch dust, and it is hot. Looked at my camera the next day and had a bunch of clutch dust welded to the screen protector (and my clothes and my hair and everything else). Again, better the screen protector than my LCD. Remember that second one I ordered from B&H above? It came in handy.

I just left the plastic one on. If the plastic were to have ever gotten significantly scratched up I would likely have replaced it with another stock plastic screen protector.

There is little in the way of critical things you can look at on that small a screen, so having the plastic in front of it doesn't lose you anything important you would need to look at on it.

Got one for my 7D, love to protect my investments when I can haha, picked up a real nice Vello one from B&H, actually makes viewing in sunlight a little better.

I don't use it when i'm shooting. I store it with it on. The LCD is glass, which is pretty resistant to scratching unless you get crazy with your gear. I like to have a clear view of my screen when i'm chimping...

The way I see it, digital cameras are pretty much expendable hardware like all modern technology, so even if it does get a couple little scratches, who cares. The resale value is crap by the time I upgrade anyway. Now, if it were a camera that was so good that i'd never have to buy another for 20+ years, I'd be more careful with it.

I can't even keep a screen protector on my smartphone longer than a week. Looks awful after a day or two.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back