What's new

Leaf shot opinions?

rsawyer

TPF Noob!
Joined
Oct 11, 2011
Messages
17
Reaction score
0
Location
WV
This image didn't get much love from my family, but I really like it. What do you think?

(BTW, the target audience/goal is to sell as a print)

 
To me, it seems underexposed and the DOF is too shallow for any aspect to be truly sharp.
 
I wouldn't consider that a salable image.....sorry. OOF and underexposed.. as D-B-J said..
 
I kind of thought the darker image added to the feel, but perhaps it's too dark.

DOF is shallow and not focused on anything in particular, true... maybe I'll try again & pick an edge or element to focus on, or just do the whole thing OOF.

Edit: Is the subject/idea worth another shot, or do you think that it's boring? If you think it's worth another shot, what would you change?
 
Last edited:
Plants can be interesting subjects. I'm a little confused about this composition, but it has merit. You should go ahead and try to re-shoot it from this and other angles and compare. Cheers!
 
I can see what you found interesting. This image works for me as a "mood" shot. Looking at it, my eye gets pulled by the out-of-focus stuff on the right, so perhaps cropping some of it out would enhance the image. I think you have some possibilities in this image, and I'd go back and try different framing and lighting to see which will get you closer to your vision.
 
Thanks. I think I will try it again, if I can get out there before the leaves all die off.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom