What's new

Learned my lesson.

dancingsphinx22

TPF Noob!
Joined
Feb 4, 2010
Messages
147
Reaction score
3
Location
Massachusetts
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This past weekend we went to a wakeboard competition, and I brought along my camera, hoping to get some cool shots of the competitors doing their thing. Yeah, well, no such luck.

What I didn't know was that the course was set up perpendicular to the beach, which means the boat pulled the boarders away from us, instead of driving along the beach. I never realized the benefit of having a few different lenses.

Needless to say, my one-and-only little lens just couldn't go the distance. :lmao: And I was off my game the rest of the day. Luckily this wasn't a paying gig, so it's not a big loss. Although, if it had been a gig, I hope I would've had enough foresight to scope out the course ahead of time.

So, now I'm off to do some extensive lens research.

Here's a few of my (almost too far away to tell what's up) shots. Zoomed, of course.

Edit - My bad on the pic size - I removed a few and resized the rest here...

2lu9ieh.jpg

30kd9w2.jpg

nmlyfa.jpg

v4c4kh.jpg

hu4y7m.jpg

219x4xk.jpg

eguwqc.jpg
 
Last edited:
4th shot is the best I think. It's not crisp from a technical standpoint, but that action is lively.

The last shot is pretty good too.
 
Some really good shots which , yes could be much better if they were closer. The first two are snapshots for me but my favourite is number 5. Very good composition and a very busy picture but in this case it works.
 
Thanks for the nice comments. :blushing:

I knew most of them came would come out snap-shotty, and in fact they did. I wasn't in "the zone" that day, I was too bummed about the whole lens thing. Ah well, live and learn.
 
Huge photos. They take a while to load before people can start looking at the thread.

TPF requests people re-size before posting, right there in the 3rd post from the top of the Beginners Forum & Photo Gallery that has the title "How to Post Photo's and, blah, blah, blah."

Nice family type photos.
 
Sorry about the large size. I guess that's what happens when you rush to upload. :sexywink:
 
I'm glad for you sharing your lesson. I'll have to remember that for future endevors.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom