Learned my lesson.

dancingsphinx22

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
melchelle.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This past weekend we went to a wakeboard competition, and I brought along my camera, hoping to get some cool shots of the competitors doing their thing. Yeah, well, no such luck.

What I didn't know was that the course was set up perpendicular to the beach, which means the boat pulled the boarders away from us, instead of driving along the beach. I never realized the benefit of having a few different lenses.

Needless to say, my one-and-only little lens just couldn't go the distance. :lmao: And I was off my game the rest of the day. Luckily this wasn't a paying gig, so it's not a big loss. Although, if it had been a gig, I hope I would've had enough foresight to scope out the course ahead of time.

So, now I'm off to do some extensive lens research.

Here's a few of my (almost too far away to tell what's up) shots. Zoomed, of course.

Edit - My bad on the pic size - I removed a few and resized the rest here...

2lu9ieh.jpg

30kd9w2.jpg

nmlyfa.jpg

v4c4kh.jpg

hu4y7m.jpg

219x4xk.jpg

eguwqc.jpg

Last edited:
4th shot is the best I think. It's not crisp from a technical standpoint, but that action is lively.

The last shot is pretty good too.

Some really good shots which , yes could be much better if they were closer. The first two are snapshots for me but my favourite is number 5. Very good composition and a very busy picture but in this case it works.

Thanks for the nice comments. :blushing:

I knew most of them came would come out snap-shotty, and in fact they did. I wasn't in "the zone" that day, I was too bummed about the whole lens thing. Ah well, live and learn.

Huge photos. They take a while to load before people can start looking at the thread.

TPF requests people re-size before posting, right there in the 3rd post from the top of the Beginners Forum & Photo Gallery that has the title "How to Post Photo's and, blah, blah, blah."

Nice family type photos.

I'm glad for you sharing your lesson. I'll have to remember that for future endevors.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back