Learning Portraits

Stacey

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I took these of my younger cousin, who loves to get her picture taken! I don't have photoshop or anything like that - the only thing I used was Picasa because it's free! But her mom and grandma liked them so I'm okay with that! I've got some other "gigs" coming up so I hope I'm learning!

1. I really liked this because of the background but because we were walking where it was flooded and muddy, she had to wear a pair of nasty sneakers...other than the sneakers, I'm happy
8-31-07LST9-2-07LexiHomePortrait-33.jpg

2. I didn't notice it at the time and it doesn't really bother me even now but the hair that is curling on her lip is kinda distracting:
8-31-07LST9-2-07LexiHomePortrait-30.jpg

8-31-07LST9-2-07LexiHomePortrait-25.jpg

4. I know there is grass in her hair but at the time, I didn't notice.
8-31-07LST9-2-07LexiHomePortrait-23.jpg

5. Pumped up the saturation on this one
8-31-07LST9-2-07LexiHomePortrait-22.jpg

6. My cousin doesn't like this but I absolutely love it...she looks funny when she smiles without laughing so I try to get her to laugh and I just start snapping away...I love it 'cause its real..
8-31-07LST9-2-07LexiHomePortrait-21.jpg

8-31-07LST9-2-07LexiHomePortrait-19.jpg

8. She looks a bit mad in this photograph but oh well...
8-31-07LST9-2-07LexiHomePortrait-35.jpg

Personally - #3, 5 and 7 are my favorites.

Thanks Cindy! I'm still learning with everything but I've actually got some people who want me to do some fall photos of their families so I am very excited! But I need to learn more than just Picasa! :)
Thanks again!

Some of them are very good. #2 is out of focus though.

I like the dreamy nature of these - because of the bokeh and maybe a little faux blur but number six stands out the most for me, great pose and expression.

Hope this helps,

David

Most reactions

New Topics

Back