leaving on your camera

rider81

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
just wondering. last night not knowing it i left my camera on. i woke up this morning and was quiet worried. would leaving it on mess up the motor or sensor or anything at all?
thanks

Usually they have a "sleep" mode after a certain time. Mines a minute. Even if it was on the whole time I dont see what could mess anything up.

Yeah...photographers are shooting for hours constantly so leaving it on just sitting there shouldnt do anything.

All DSLRs on the market have an "auto-off" option. Basically puts the camera to sleep after a set amount of time. The average is 2 minutes but it's usually settable from 1-20 minutes. When it's in that sleep mode it's using almost no more juice than if it were off completely, and there's no harm in leaving it in that mode for small periods of time (small meaning anywhere under like 16 hours). Not a big deal

As said earlier, your camera should be fine. When I am uploading shots I tend to always leave my camera on because it requires to be on when uploading. The only thing you should be worried about is your battery life. ;)

thanks guys. i just bought another camera and the sleep mode timer was off

just wondering. last night not knowing it i left my camera on. i woke up this morning and was quiet worried. would leaving it on mess up the motor or sensor or anything at all?
thanks

Send it to me... I will make sure it is properly disposed of for you.

p!nK

thanks

Send it to me... I will make sure it is properly disposed of for you.

p!nK

LOL!!

Most reactions

Back