Leeds - people and places

Bend The Light

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
For the last couple of years, my wife has been doing an Open Univversity degree. Her tutorials every couple of months were held in Leeds, so I got up to 6 hours to wander around the city on my own.

Here are some of the shots I took on the last couple of visits:

16-5-2015 Leeds 10 by Craig Mansell, on Flickr

16-5-2015 Leeds 3 by Craig Mansell, on Flickr

16-5-2015 Leeds 5 by Craig Mansell, on Flickr

16-5-2015 Leeds 17 by Craig Mansell, on Flickr

This one is taken with the panoramic camera in the samsung S5 phone! I was amazed by the quality, actually.
9-5-2015 Clarence Dock (Samsung) by Craig Mansell, on Flickr

Amouries tower by Craig Mansell, on Flickr

Any critique welcome, or just say what you like. :)

I like them all, but especially the last one and the one with the big silver ball. Out of curiosity, what does the ball sculpture represent?

How did you photograph the reflecting ball without getting your own reflection in the picture?

How did you photograph the reflecting ball without getting your own reflection in the picture?

The ball is not entirely perfect, so there are dimples. Add to that, that I was some distance awa shooting with a 70-300 close to 300mm, and I am very very small in the image. I think that during editing, in which I have to get rid of quite a few dust bunnies, and also bird droppings on the ball etc., I may have cloned out the tiny splodge that was me... :)

I like them all, but especially the last one and the one with the big silver ball. Out of curiosity, what does the ball sculpture represent?

Thank you. The last one is taken in a mirror which is angled at 45 degrees and so I saw the reflection of the tower in the Royal armouries.

The balls are part of a sculpture, based on Sysyphus... See the link here

Here is another view of the sculpture taken on a different day...the ball is smaller on the one further away, and is bigger the closer the man gets to the "goal" which is the water in the dock...ties in with the sisyphus story of rolling the ball up the hill for ever...

9-5-2015 Clarence Balls by Craig Mansell, on Flickr

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back