Legitimate websites for cameras and accessories?

hopeadelaide

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm looking into buying a Nikon d40, d60 or d90 + kit lens and I'm not sure how to distinguish skeevy sites from decent ones.

I know that Adorama.com is trustworthy, so I've mostly stuck to buying from there. Other suggestions are idyllic; a place that can be trusted to offer inexpensive, no BS equipment.

thanks!

B&H and Adorama are my two go to sites. I've bought thousands of dollars worth of equipment and its all been good. Return policy is great. MPEX is great for lighting equipment, and probably everything else, but I just buy my lighting stuff from them.

Hope this helps,

Steve

Cametta Camera is a lot like Adorama.

Amazon has a lot of referrel to both Cametta, J&R, and Adorama

B&H and Adorama are my two go to sites
They are also huge stores :)
Look into buydig.com, bought my camera there and very happy with it. Cheaper then B&H, free S&H - :)

I'm looking into buying a Nikon d40, d60 or d90 + kit lens and I'm not sure how to distinguish skeevy sites from decent ones.

I know that Adorama.com is trustworthy, so I've mostly stuck to buying from there.

Thank you for being a great Adorama customer; if you need any advice or after-sales support, I'm only an email away :D

Helen Oster
Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador
http://helenoster.blogspot.com

[email protected]
www.adorama.com

B&H, KEH, Adorama - all the way. You can call B&H, describe what you need and they'll get you exactly the right thing.

I know that Adorama.com is trustworthy, so I've mostly stuck to buying from there.

Thank you for being a great Adorama customer; if you need any advice or after-sales support, I'm only an email away :D

Helen Oster
Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador
http://helenoster.blogspot.com

[email protected]
www.adorama.comhttp://www.adorama.com

^ that.

Adorama, B&H, MPEX, etc...

There's a ton of places, but you can bet unless there's some kind of one off promotion that you get lucky enough to find, Adorama & B&H will probably have the about the lowest prices you can find on camera gear. If you find a new camera for a lot less than anything those two are showing, it's probably a scam.

I guess Amazon is the best one for me.....
at least reliable.

what do you thinka bout ebay?)

B&H and Adorama are my two go-to sites. I'd try to avoid ritz, because they are kinda of overpriced

I guess Amazon is the best one for me.....
at least reliable.

what do you thinka bout ebay?)

Amazon is surely reliable, but I do prefer to use specialty stores because of selection and prices. :)

i've used ebay for lenses before, but I'm not sure if I would be comfortable utilizing it to make a bigger purchase. do you have any experience using ebay for this sort of thing?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back