Leica M8 dRF: Upgrade... a paradigm shift?

...man you will miss AF once the little one starts walking briskly!
Welcome to the club, I was wondering when you were going to get your own.

Thanks... it has been an interesting decision process.

I was trying very hard to get in under the deadline for the price increase. I just didn't have the cash in the bank account. oh well.. I walked out with a new M8 with a 50mm Summarit. I traded in my Canon 24mm L, 85mm, 135mm L, Tri-Elmar, 50mm Summicron V3 (I didn't like how it handled), a portion from the sale of my 70-200 f2.8L to help fund. Loaded the new firmware and made a few adjustments on the rangefinder specifically for the Nocti and I am good to go. Saving up for a wide angle voigtlander 21mm skopar now (last purchase for a while). The Leica equivalents are prohibitively expensive at this time.

Sometimes I do miss AF when the little one is running around. I'm much better than when I started three or so years ago. I do just fine with the added assistance of a bounce fill flash (Canon 540EX in manual).

l27.jpg

I can't wait for my busy life to settle down a bit later this year.... I love my son and everything but I'm itching to shoot other things besides him.

Find a decent P&S for kid photography, and/or find enough light so that you can shoot above f/2.8... the more DOF, the less exactitude required for focusing.

Yup.. but I find the M8 or R-D1 + bounce flash still better suited. P&S's have way too much shutter lag. My olCanon G5 serves as my P&S.. its not too bad but still enough that the little one is out of frame by the time the shutter goes off.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back