SH_Lieca

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Imgur

Imgur

See pictures above:

Can anyone help me diagnose what is going on with my camera. It is a Leica Mini Zoom.. It doesn't always show up in every photo but when it does its always in the same shape/location of photo.
Thanks for any help regarding this matter.

Are you talking about the lower right and right edge of very dark areas? Did you do post production work that could emphasis it?

Are you talking about the lower right and right edge of very dark areas? Did you do post production work that could emphasis it?
Yes, the lower right edge in those two photos.

I have not done any post production to this photo.

Here is another example.

Imgur

That's a tough one for me. Since only sometimes maybe lens flare, butI don't know. Others may have an idea.

(I know it's not what you want to here, but you can correct in post w/ vignetting, cloning, or cropping.)

Looks like the reflection from a concrete dam/bridge.

Imgur

Imgur

See pictures above:

Can anyone help me diagnose what is going on with my camera. It is a Leica Mini Zoom.. It doesn't always show up in every photo but when it does its always in the same shape/location of photo.
Thanks for any help regarding this matter.
Check inside for something loose.

Looks like a light leak.

If it's a light leak why does it only happen on some photos?

Internal lens element flaring at an element edge is my guess. Not too bad; shows mainly against dark field areas. Lens edges are often painted flat black to circumvent this issue.

If it's a light leak why does it only happen on some photos?

Light leaks are cumulative and dependent on the amount of light striking certain areas of the camera. One part of the film advanced more quickly might not show anything while frames that sit for a time when the camera is in bright light would show the effect of the leak.

Aren't we talking about a digital P&S here?

OP said it is a Leica Mini Zoom which is a 35mm P&S camera.
Leica Mini Zoom

I'm not aware of a digital camera with that same name.

Ahhhh...film.camera from the 1990's...a light leak is a good possibility. Very slight leak. Not very serious yet.

I vote for a light leak as well. Not a bad image. lighten the shadows a bit and crop off the bottom and you should be happy with it.

Most reactions

Back