Lens Advise

saltydog3317

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I need a bit of advise. I am finding my Nikkor 18-55 Kit Lens not that great for photos inside. Would this lens be an upgrade without spending too much money? I can get one of these lenses for $250. Or if anything else comes to mind I am all ears.
Sigma 17-35mm f/2.8-4 EX D APO Aspherical

Thanks Kevin

It's certainly a step in the right direction. What you are probably wanting is a lens with a larger maximum aperture....and F2.8-4 is bigger than F3.5-5.6.

I'd suggest looking at the Sigma 18-50mm F2.8 or the Tamron 17-50mm F2.8.

Also if you are willing to go with a prime lens, the Nikon 35mm f/1.8 is designed for your D40's DX sensor and it looks like it's going to be an excellent lens... At around $200 the price is very good, too.

I have been looking at the 35 mm. Its release date is this weekend in Canada.
I want to hear some feedback on this lens. I wonder if it will be good for landscape pics? Is this going to be a wide lens?

Kevin

35mm is not considered wide.

There is a lot of discussion on it in the Nikoncafe Lens Lust forum with quite a few pics from people who have them already.

Yesterday morning was the day I thought the new Nikkor 35MM AF S DX lens was to be released in Canada but it was Thursday or Friday I guess. I called all the Camera Shops in Ottawa and every store said they were sold out until the last store I called. I got the last one from Henry's in Kanata.
My wife and myself went to visit her sister and husband last night and I took many pictures at their house with my new lens and as I looked through these pictures today I am very happy I bought this lens.
You cant go wrong for $300. I understand in the USA its near the $200 price range. You cant go wrong at this price.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back