Lens boxes

birdbonkers84

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi,

How much does not having the camera lens box affect the re-sale price?

I currently have a nikon 50mm prime and a nikon 55-300mm lens both with front and back lens caps, in mint condition, but unfortunately I accidentally threw out the boxes for them.

Thanks,

Mark

From what I've seen, around $20-30.

People like boxes. I also tend to buy used lenses that include the box. But often times if there is a really good deal that can't be passed up, I'll buy it without the box.

Heck, people sell just the boxes for $20-50!!

People like boxes. I also tend to buy used lenses that include the box. But often times if there is a really good deal that can't be passed up, I'll buy it without the box.

They'll still get it with an appropriate sized box and bubble wrap etc, just not the original. Yeah I've seen people just seeking the box on eBay. I'll keep that in mind thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using ThePhotoForum.com mobile app

I've always assumed the buyer of those thought the lens was included, and only realized their mistake after receipt!

I've always assumed the buyer of those thought the lens was included, and only realized their mistake after receipt!

Then they obviously have poor observation skills or don't read the description.

I don't honestly know why someone would buy a box for a lens. Maybe they misplaced theirs but seriously...why? Haha. I guess people really just like boxes, I know a friend that collects Apple boxes and puts them on display.

I keep all my camera and lens boxes in case of resale or whatever because frankly, they do add value when selling.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back