Lens description and assistance

goatboy413

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am completely new when it comes to dSLRs and what lens to use. I don't get much of a chance to use the internet so its hard for me to do research online. Anyone know of a good book or website that will break down what lenses to use in what situation?

18-55
75-200
28-135
etc...

I'm buying a camera and was told the canon 28-135 would be best for the XTi but I'm not sure. I like to read first

If you want the best up to date info, I'd make sure to get on here more often. Your not going to find all of this info in any one book. Do a google search of "photography forums" and read the hell out of them. I decided on a whim that it was time to get back into photography and thanks to the info found on line and while I was in a tax free state, I bought the new Nikon D3 and so far two lenses, 28 to 70 and 80 to 200, both f2,8. Also picking up a 18 to 200 f3.5 for general purpose single lens shooting. Ordered my Nikon 2x teleconverter and the speedlite sb800 flash along with a tamrac expedition 5587 backpac for venturing out on the water on the jet skis or into the woods on the quads. Can't forget the manfrotto monopod and hydrostatic ball head.
The point is that without the internet I'd still be researching and would have missed out on the BIG tax savings before I came back to Florida. OK, I admit that I did go to Borders and researched a little in the magazine section. But first hand advice is the best. Once you figure out which lenses your interested in go to a webpage like Amazon.com and read the reviews from people who have purchased those specific lenses and how they liked them.
Spend lots of time here researching!

I am completely new when it comes to dSLRs and what lens to use. I don't get much of a chance to use the internet so its hard for me to do research online. Anyone know of a good book or website that will break down what lenses to use in what situation?

18-55
75-200
28-135
etc...

I'm buying a camera and was told the canon 28-135 would be best for the XTi but I'm not sure. I like to read first

http://images.photoworkshop.com/rebelxtlessons/interface.html
Chapter 13. :wink:

Most reactions

Back