Lens for D60 - Help me Decide.

If it's got to fit in a pocket, just get a PowerShot Digital ELPH. :lol:

Yeah, I was kinda avoiding saying it... but DSLRs are big. All of 'em. And the D60 isn't even really that much smaller than my D300. And heck, if my 7 yo can use my D100 and D300 without complaint...

It just seems a shame to go too far down the technology stack as it limits you pretty horribly.

However, I think you already bought the cam, so all of this is academic and not the original question.

Like I said, I'm not here to defend my purchase - just get your thoughts on a lens choice, but I can see that went right out the barn door.

Who left that dang thing open again!

Yep, but the D50 is bigger - which would make getting the second body pointless since I wanted something compact.

I did think about a d50 or D70, but in the end I really wanted the D40 or D60 and knew the 'consequences' of that decision.

you wouldn't even notice the difference in size. the D50 is just barely bigger than the D60. it's quite a bit smaller than the D90.

plus.... you already made your decision.... so why not take this thread on an entertaining downward spiral of nitpicking every way we can think of to tell you how you could have made a better decision :D lol

:lol:

Kind of how it's going, isn't it...

The positive side - if I ever decide to swap a D60 for a D50, the D60's are going for more money :)

I have a Nikon D70, D100, and D60. On my D60 I bought the Nikon18-200 VR lens and it's a wonderful all around lens to use. I do professional work in every area of photography and love the D60.

I also just bought a Sigma 150-500 OS AF lens and it's also wonderful on the D60--though I have to use a monopod because it's a bit heavy. Many of the Sigma lenses for Nikon have a built-in motor so you can autofocus easily.

I do own a large number of other lenses (Nikon, Sigma, Tamron) and have no problems with autofocusing.

Thanks for the info Rere!

I have the Sigma 18-250 and love it (had two Nikon 18-200's before that). I'm sure I'll pop it on there now and then, but if I'm going to use that lens I may as well put it on the D90 and have better high ISO to back me up a little just in case. The Sigma does have optical stabilization (OS is Sigma's VR as I'm sure you know), plus it has the built in focus motor as well.

Pfft, takes a lot more to ruffle my feathers :lol:

If I wasn't confident in my decision I would have waited - after re-reading the specs and differences on the D60 I'm even more thrilled. Of course the D3000 would have been nice with it's 11 auto focus points like my D90 has but in reality I only use one of them, the center one, and recompose.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back