Lens Hood Question

Same reasons to have a lens hood on any other lens.

It blocks stray light from causing lens flare or loss of contrast. It can also protect the front element from physical contact or rain etc.

Same reasons to have a lens hood on any other lens.

It blocks stray light from causing lens flare or loss of contrast. It can also protect the front element from physical contact or rain etc.

Thanks Mike, I appreciate the quick response.

The more I shoot, the more I like having a lens hood on any lens. Some actually use a lens hood for full protection without a UV filter.

The problem of the 50 1.8 ana lens hood is the beauty of the 1.8 is you're getting a very sharp, pretty fast, piece of plastic crap, lens for $70+ ... the expense of a lens hood sorta self-defeats the inherit beauty of the $70+.

Gary

Canon or 3rd party

Screw-in or bayonet.

Rubber, plastic, metal

Straight or petals.

I really like the cheap rubber hoods that pop in and out ... Fir into your cam bag easily (since they break down) and less than 10 bucks.... This one fits the cannon 52mm .. I have a couple and work great...

RLH52 Adorama 52mm Rubber Lens Hood

The problem of the 50 1.8 ana lens hood is the beauty of the 1.8 is you're getting a very sharp, pretty fast, piece of plastic crap, lens for $70+ ... the expense of a lens hood sorta self-defeats the inherit beauty of the $70+.

Gary

Ah but to everyone around you, it makes you look like a professional.
Priceless.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back