Lens, more aperture

I rarely shoot in manual. I use M when using flash, in the studio or when I want that consistency in my shots. Almost all the rest of the time it's Aperture Priority mode.

Oh I just remembered, the higher price, the better lens is.

Yes :D

That's why all mine are expensive!!

24-105f4L IS
70-200 f2.8L IS
300 f4L IS
10-22 f3.5-4.5
50 f1.4
85 f1.8
100 f2.8 Macro
Tamron 17-35 f2.8-4
Tamron 28-75 f2.8

And that's just the lenses!!!!

You sure you're not in a big ass debt? Geez man.....lol

I think from the varied replies you have gotten to your original post should go to show you that a lens is a choice only you can make according to your own personal shooting style. As long as you are comparing like quality you will get similar performance from all the lenses you have listed.

You sure you're not in a big ass debt? Geez man.....lol

Luckily no debt :) - Had a small mortgage for a few years but have recently moved to a bigger house with a much bigger mortgage so spending is now being stopped. Just last week I made my last purchase for a while - some Elinchrom lights (400BXs) as I want to try my hand at portraiture. There's next to no money in landscapes unless you are a top photographer and with the number of contacts I have, I should be able to have the gear pay for itself by the end of the year (fingers crossed).

The lenses will take a lot longer than that to pay back. I didn't include my 2 flash guns, camera bags, tripods, head, CF carfds, Epson P-2000 etc etc etc.......

I spent money while I had it and now I'll not need to spend much again. - well at least for a few more months :D

Whoa, where did you find a 50mm f/1.2 for a 'hundred dollars'. I think you miss read something :)

Agree with the previous suggestions, though the 17-55 f/2.8 works real well in situations like that

That's a good move EOS, keep at it :thumbup:

And sorry, I got it confused, I meant that one f/1.8D (nikkor af 50mm), it's probably crap lol

That's a good move EOS, keep at it :thumbup:

And sorry, I got it confused, I meant that one f/1.8D (nikkor af 50mm), it's probably crap lol

50 f1.8 is a highly regarded lens and probably best value lens for your Nikon. The canon too is highly regarded although the f1.4 versions are built better.

the 501.8 is sharp and fast and will be a great lens to get.

Most reactions

Back