What's new

Lens Poll

Lens


  • Total voters
    28

loveDSLR

TPF Noob!
Joined
Mar 10, 2009
Messages
163
Reaction score
1
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
x
 
Last edited:
That's a no brainer 2 are crap 1 is great
 
x
 
Last edited:
for me ..something wide and dedicated for my little APS-C size sensor..
Tamron AF17-50mm F/2.8 XR Di-II VC LD Aspherical - can be bought for USD $575 in the UK.
 
you might want to mention what type of photography you are looking to do with this future lens, that usually helps get a more detailed and useful response.

My suggestion is to sell that Cannon and get a Nikon. :lol:

p!nK
 
I had to vote for the 70-200mm f/4 L Canon because out of that list of three widely disparate lenses, it is the only one I have used. It's a nice, small lens, 67mm filter size on the model I used, which was not a new one, but rather a lens that now must be 7 or 8 years old. 70 to 200mm is a very useful range of "normal" telephoto focal lengths, and very handy to have in a single zoom lens.
 
x
 
Last edited:
x
 
Last edited:
I have just treated myself to the canon ef 70-200 f/4 IS USM...I have the 17-85mm ef-s lens and felt more range would be nice.... so researched and though the price is v. painful I thought the long term investment was worth the extra pennies. Got it for £799 lots of dosh but at least it will outlast me... and its oh so sweet. The way I see it. buy the goods now. Get the best you can. Then spend all your tomorrows enjoying them and hone your skills knowing all the faults are yours and not the gear;);)
 
Just noticed the 70-200mm f/4 is the non IS version. From what I've read, unless your using a tripod and have a good steady hand then its worth saving up for longer!!
 
Just noticed the 70-200mm f/4 is the non IS version. From what I've read, unless your using a tripod and have a good steady hand then its worth saving up for longer!!

What a load of rubbish you don't need to use a tripod with a 70-200 unless you are limp wristed
70-200F4 on an old 10D
161364455_CXMVG-L.jpg
 
x
 
Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom