What's new

Lens question :)

But IS cannot replace a fast lens.

When you need to freeze a motion, you need fast shutter speed and a fast lens will help.

True. I didn't have the heart to tell him to get a flash. :mrgreen:
 
But IS cannot replace a fast lens.

When you need to freeze a motion, you need fast shutter speed and a fast lens will help.

So is the 50mm f/1.8 a fast lens? I haven't quite figured out yet how you determine what a fast lens is...
 
But IS cannot replace a fast lens.

When you need to freeze a motion, you need fast shutter speed and a fast lens will help.

True. I didn't have the heart to tell him to get a flash. :mrgreen:

Him is a HER :)

And I was actually considering getting a flash as well, but I don't think I will need that any time soon ;) I'm going to hold off on that for now :)
 
By fast what they mean is how much light is reaching the sensor. So the lower the aperture the faster the lens.
 
ahh... gotcha :)
 
By fast what they mean is how much light is reaching the sensor. So the lower the aperture the faster the lens.
Fast because with a wider aperture (smaller f number like f/1.8) and more light available to the image sensor, you can use a faster shutter speed and have a better chance to stop motion.
 
KmH,
I prefer to think of it the way I explained it. Simply because there are more advantages to a fast lens than just the increase in shutter speed. Not to say your explanation is wrong, actually it is quite right, I just prefer my broader explanation.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom