Lens Question

What do you want to do with it?

Manual focus lenses are cheaper than auto focus. Faster lenses, like a 50mm f1.2 is more expensive than say one in something like f2.8 (if they even make that).

Wide angles and telephotos are more expensive than standard lenses as well.

Im flipping threw a ritz magazine and I see this 800-1200 mm zoom lens by quantaray does anyone have this is it any good

I wouldn't waste money on that 800-1200. Its made to look like something its not. It has an extension tube you put on it to get up to the 1200mm focal length and I think its got some rediculous f stop rating. its very limited to the type of lighting and exposure range you can use it at. Its a cheap lense trying to look like an expensive lens. I know there was another lens with a high focal length being sold that was basically a small telescope you could mount on a camera which means it was a tube with a mirror practicallly no optics.

BernieSC said:
I know there was another lens with a high focal length being sold that was basically a small telescope you could mount on a camera which means it was a tube with a mirror practicallly no optics.

wow, I almost bid on one of those. thanks in retrospect.

photonoob said:
Im flipping threw a ritz magazine and I see this 800-1200 mm zoom lens by quantaray does anyone have this is it any good

Are you using it for photography or baseball? Well, its not good for either.

Most reactions

Back