Lens Questions ...

skid2964

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I will soon be purchasing a Pentax K200D, I have been on eBay buy older film cameras, I now have a ZX-L, ZX-7 and a K1000. So that leads me to start looking for lenses. EDIT: (The K1000 has a 50mm 1:2 and I got a Pentax 35-80/4 AF with the ZX-7)

I see many I like, not knowing much yet, I am noticing that a lens with a lower apeture number seems to be desirable? Like a 28-70/2.8-4.5 is better than a 28-70/3.5-5.6 ? Is this correct?

I find a few primes made by Pentax that are very affordable, as well as some older manual focus lenses, but when I get to choosing something in autofocus, the price goes up considerably if the lens is a Pentax. I see Sigma lenses with similar specifications for MUCH less, I'm sure you get what you pay for, but do you get some bang for your buck with a Sigma? (or any other brand for that matter).

All companies have their hits and misses... Talking in generalities is not going to make your decision any easier.

Faster aperture (in general but not always true) is a sign of better optics... usually. There are exceptions.

AF lenses are newer which generally means more expense.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back