Lens too good for camera?

jamesino

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
While having a recent discussion with my friend, she told me that If I purchase the Canon EF 70-200m F/4L telephoto lens for my Canon Rebel Xti/400D camera, there might be a chance that the lens will be "overkill" and can produce pictures of greater quality than the image sensor of the camera will allow.

Is this possible?
Thanks.

No... that's absurd. Your friend doesn't know what they are talking about.

It's all about the lens.

Best thing I ever did was get L glass on the xti. Get an L on an xti and the combo can produce awesome stuff. A 1D MKIII with cruddy glass would get lesser quality image IMHO.

No way!! you did exactly the right thing. Buying good glass before you are able to buy a decent body is the exact right way to save money.

That is very false information. I currently use that setup, very amazing quality. Like everyone says, more about the lens.

The opposite is true. A good body/sensor will show deficiencies in poor glass. Put anything but a L lens on a 1D body and see what you get. Even some L's look dissapointing on it. I had a gentlemen tell me today that I needed a 1D for my 400mm. Granted I would if I could harvest an organ or two, but I like my 40D just fine for now.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back