DCshotz

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey guys, I just started getting into photography the past few months and am totally addicted to it! I'm really into street photography around the city as well as landscape photography, so I'm looking to upgrade my lens that came in my Canon bundle. I'm super interested in the EF24mm f/1.4L II USM, but as for now, it's out of my price range. So, are there any suggestions on a cheaper lens that's an upgrade for street and landscape photography? Thanks!

Canon 35mm f/2....VERY affordable, and light, compact, unobtrusive for street shooting, adequately good at normal landscape f/stops. Keep in mind that on modern, high-megapixel sensors, diffraction starts robbing lenses of critical sharpness at f/stops as large as f/3.2 or so, so...even relatively cheap zoom lenses, and lower- to mid-tier lenses look about as good as the $2199 lenses at f/8.

I think if you want to use a lens in street/social photography situations that a smaller lens, one that is non-threatening, is better, to keep people feeling at ease. And that's where classic 35mm lenses, from Canon or Nikon, really shine with thier compact, 35mm f/2 lenses.

The Canon 35/2 gets overlooked...but go to PixelPeepers, and look for yourself...the 35/2 acquits itself very well.

Most reactions

Back