Lens'

Delapsus-Angelus

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi,

I may be buying a 2nd hand Canon EOS 5D from a friend (he is a Pro and wants something better & doing me a really good deal).

My question though: Do i have to be buy specific lens' for this Camera, i dont mean manufacturer or can i?, but lens type itself. Is there something i must look for before i buying the different lens'?......

Oh and where is the best place to buy them online for price and variety?

Thanks

Hi,

I may be buying a 2nd hand Canon EOS 5D from a friend (he is a Pro and wants something better & doing me a really good deal).

My question though: Do i have to be buy specific lens' for this Camera, i dont mean manufacturer or can i?, but lens type itself. Is there something i must look for before i buying the different lens'?......

Oh and where is the best place to buy them online for price and variety?

Thanks

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/

you have to get lenses with the right Canon mount. I am not sure what the current Canon mount is, I am sure though the FD mount will not work but all other should

EOS/EF mount only.

FD manual lenses are ~not~ compatible.

Canon EF-S is ~not~ compatible (they were made only for cropped sensors)

Brands that manufacture lenses to fit: Canon (duh), Sigma, Tokina, and Tamron.

www.keh.com (for used)
www.adorama.com (used and new)
www.bhphoto.com (used and new)

A good general walk around lenses to look at:
- 28-135mm IS USM (good bang for buck)
- 24-105L IS (L quality - premium line - expensive)

For fast aperture zoom: Canon 24-70L (more than likely your professional friend probably has one)

If you have more specific questions, go ahead and post'em. You're buddy should also give you advice.

Most reactions

Back