Lense trouble with 35mm canon

tyqre

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I bought a Rebel S II on ebay. For the most part everything works but there is one problem, The elements inside the lens are out of place. I tried to open it up and fix it but i cant seems to get all the way down and fix it. I have a DSLR (t2i) which is APS-C so I put one of those lenses on the Rebel S II (50mm 1.8) and it runs ok on it but since its made for an APS-C sensor what will happen to the pictures?

I bought a Rebel S II on ebay. For the most part everything works but there is one problem, The elements inside the lens are out of place. I tried to open it up and fix it but i cant seems to get all the way down and fix it. I have a DSLR (t2i) which is APS-C so I put one of those lenses on the Rebel S II (50mm 1.8) and it runs ok on it but since its made for an APS-C sensor what will happen to the pictures?

Can you be a bit more specific? What lens has the element out of place? You didn't actually say. The 50mm f/1.8 is NOT made for APS-C sensors, it's an EF lens.

You CANNOT mount EF-S lenses on it (like the 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6) just so you know.

]

Can you be a bit more specific? What lens has the element out of place? You didn't actually say. The 50mm f/1.8 is NOT made for APS-C sensors, it's an EF lens.

You CANNOT mount EF-S lenses on it (like the 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6) just so you know.

Sorry my post was a little confusing. I stopped using the broken lens and took one that I had already from my T2i (the 50mm f1.8) I dont know what they are called, but its the last second piece of glass if your looking through it. The 50mm f/1.8 is for my T2i, so it works with the T2i which is an APS-C Sensor (right?). My question really was what will happen if i use a lens made for APS-C sensors on a 35mm film camera, or you could also compare it to a full frame DSLR I gues..

Okay, this may not be clear to you from my post...

EF lenses and only EF lenses can be used on Full frame digital, 35mm film, and APS-C Canon DSLR's.

EF-S lenses like the EF-S 18-55mm Kit lens that often comes with Rebels CAN ONLY BE USED on APS-C DSLR's, and they will not mount on full frame or film cameras.

The Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 you have is an EF lens, so it is usable on both film and digital. It is not an EF-S lens designed for an APS-C sized sensor.

Okay, this may not be clear to you from my post...

EF lenses and only EF lenses can be used on Full frame digital, 35mm film, and APS-C Canon DSLR's.

EF-S lenses like the EF-S 18-55mm Kit lens that often comes with Rebels CAN ONLY BE USED on APS-C DSLR's, and they will not mount on full frame or film cameras.

The Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 you have is an EF lens, so it is usable on both film and digital. It is not an EF-S lens designed for an APS-C sized sensor.
Oh, ok.. I get it now. Lol thanks.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back