Nikon 50mm 1.8G And Samyang 8mm 3.5

And second is an
Nikon 85mm 1.8G lens

Please help

Which these choices would I choose???
And I only have a kit lens

I like to shoot Basketball, mostly portraits and less for Landscape
Thanks!

If you're shooting sports. It sounds to me like you need more length? Something like a 70-200? Or larger? 70-300? Even larger even! I have a D3100. The 50mm f/1.8 will almost definitely be my next lens. Although I have seriously considered the 85mm instead. I think you should get both!

What will you be shooting with the 8mm fisheye? If you don't think you will use this lens very often then I would suggest not getting it at first and concider picking up the Nikkor 50mm F/1.8g for walking around. If you know that you mostly want to shoot basketball games then you may not even use the 50mm very often and would want something with a little range, Are you shooting pickup games where you are able to be pretty close to the action? or are you shooting from the stands at like a high school game?

I would say between the two options, guessing you have a $500 budget, that I would go with the 85mm if you wanted the lens just for basketball, but you may be a little disappointed with either of the choices because with primes you can not chase the action very well.

Thank you for the opinions!
I think i should get the Nikon 85mm 1.8G lens

I would try out both the 85mm and a zoom lens like someone else suggested, the problem you are going to run into is you may be able to get a decent photo in the middle of the court, but at either end of the court you will be too far or to close to the action to get a nice photo.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back