lenses????

Ptyler22

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.harvardpress.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Ok so I don't know anything about lenses, I reaaaaly want a 40d, because it's fast and so great. the only problem is I can afford the body and about $300 on a lens and memory card and any other things I would need. What other stuff would I need? Mostly sports shooting. does this lens suck really bad or is it jus cheap and good for the money? any other good lenses for under 250?
Sigma 28-200mm F3.5-5.6 Aspherical Hyperzoom Macro Lens for Canon-AF Camera

You're not gonna find sports glass that WILL WORK for under 250. At least, not in anything but midday sunlight.

The Rebel Xt is a fine body and should save you some money.

How far from "the action" are you gonna be most of the time?

You're not gonna find sports glass that WILL WORK for under 250. At least, not in anything but midday sunlight.

The Rebel Xt is a fine body and should save you some money.

How far from "the action" are you gonna be most of the time?

Well I run track, so I will do alot of my shooting, there, at tracks, so not too far not more than a couple feet, I also shoot at race tracks, which is a bit further, but I can get up to about 20 or 30 feet from "the action". And I shoot other stuff like carshows and things where I am close as I want to be.

suppose I reaaallllly want the 40d, what's the cheapest lens that would be a good combo for sports and still? also is a lens hats good for sports going to be bad for stills?

As close as a couple feet? That CERTAINLY opens up the options.

http://www.adorama.com/CA5018AF.html

should work.

What you're looking for is a lower aperture number, and a 50mm 1.8 will work in fairly low light.

Well I don't know if that would be enough zoom, because thats a THE closest. I am thinking maybe 100mm at the least and I would like a zoom lens, becuase I do oher close up stuff. Mayb say I was going to splurge $250 or 300 MAX

You are not going to find a *zoom* lens for sports cheaply. The 50mm 1.8 is really one of your few options here.

A lens good for sports only has to do with how much it "opens up" to let light in. A sports lens will be fine for still, and almost any of those zooms you listed will give OK results for still. But not fantastic.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back