lenses????

I'll refer to my previous post:

Let me repeat:

YOU WILL NOT BE HAPPY WITH THE RESULTS FROM A FIFTY DOLLAR LENS

You will not, at all, under any circumstances, find a good sports zoom lens under your budget. I know what's out there, and no amount of searching will find you one. Any of those will be fine for general shooting.

I'll refer to my previous post:

You will not, at all, under any circumstances, find a good sports zoom lens under your budget. I know what's out there, and no amount of searching will find you one. Any of those will be fine for general shooting.

DDDDDDDDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, I think I will go with the sigmas and see what happens, lol, I think no matter what it will be better than my hp R817 is, that I have now, lol.

How do you feel about manual focus?

I can think of a couple non-zoom options with manual focus. And I think they'd fit the budget QUITE well...

Never even owned an slr, but I am willing to try the manual focus, I think I could get the hang of it pretty quick

Try this on for size:

Vivitar 135mm 2.8 Lens - eBay

BUT, it's for M42 mount so you need one of these too:

M42 Mount to EOS body

Then you can use that adaptor on ANY m42 lens to mount it on your camera. It opens up a whole world of options, since M42 was the camera mount STANDARD (ie, damn near everyone used it) for film for many years.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
ya thats pretty good, I think I would get an 18-55 to go with it for still shots and stuff where I am closer to the action. but how bout a 200mm? I don't want to make you look but I don't know the search terms and stuff to find those

Just one word of caution - as this is first SLR you are going to own brace yourself for a steep learning curve - first shots with an SLR (or DSLR) are often less than you hope for - give it a good month to familiarise yourself with the camera and the lens(es) you have to find its strengths and weaknesses - posting up a few (you don't need many at all as most times if you are making a mistake you will be repeating it with every shot) shots now and again on forums is a good way to get some advice and work out where to focus your attentions.
After that the older film kit is selling very cheap too at the moment and the only major downside is the lack of autofocusing. Look to getting a tripod for some additional support (starting out a cheap one from Walmart or Tescos will be fine to act as a rest) you will find it much easier to manually focus when you don't have to worry about holding the lens in your hands at the same time

The stock lens you get with the 40D is Canon IS glass, which is to say it's Image Stabalized and is suited well to sports. Ever since I bought a third party lens I've never gone away from anything but Canon lenses.

I agree with some of the comments up there, if you are trying to go cheap go with a rebel XT, XTi or whatever the new one is...? And with the difference get a image stablized 90-300mm lens

The stock lens you get with the 40D is Canon IS glass, which is to say it's Image Stabalized and is suited well to sports. Ever since I bought a third party lens I've never gone away from anything but Canon lenses.

I agree with some of the comments up there, if you are trying to go cheap go with a rebel XT, XTi or whatever the new one is...? And with the difference get a image stablized 90-300mm lens

well how do you like your 40d? Do you think its worth the money?

Most reactions

Back